We currently have an opportunity for a Kitchen Porter to join our Hospitality team, working across 4 kitchens within a large catering, retail and leisure facility on Merville Barracks, home to the British Army.
Being an active part of a large team of Chefs, Kitchen Porters and Stewards you will play a crucial role in achieving Sodexo’s mission statement of being a world leader in quality of life services.
This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To clean allocated pieces of heavy catering equipment using instructions and cleaning materials.
- To operate an industrial dishwasher.
- To exercise due care & attention to ensure minimal breakages of equipment.
- To transport provisions, equipment and other catering related items as required.
- To maintain clean working environment at all times, with special regard to hygiene.
- To ensure the end of day cleanliness of the dishwasher machine with a daily clean to a safe hygienic standard
- To ensure the proper storage/disposal of all waste products in accordance with Mandatory regulations
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities
- To report any complaint or compliment and take action if at all possible.
- To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage and take action as may be appropriate or possible.
- To attend meetings and courses, as required.
- To ensure that all tableware, serving dishes & Cooking utensils are cleaned in a timely manner
- To accept deliveries of goods
- To assist with the setup, service, clearing and cleaning of function catering as requested
- To carry out any reasonable request by management
- To assist in other local units as may be necessary
The Ideal Candidate
- Good communications skills
- Ability to adhere to health & safety practices
- Ability to achieve performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Previous kitchen Porter experience in a similar working environment
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.