Junior HR Advisor - Healthcare
Do you have a real desire to work in HR and to really make a difference? We have an excellent development opportunity within a structured highly supportive HR environment. Sodexo Healthcare are currently looking to recruit a Junior HR Advisor to work as part of the Human Resource function at Royal Stoke University Hospital. You will be responsible for providing an effective, efficient and professional support and advice service to the operational management team; maintaining standards of integrity of the HR function at all times will be crucial, whilst delivering a responsive and customer centred approach to service delivery.
If you wish to build on your consistent administrative HR experience to date within a highly supportive environment where your successful career development will be prioritised, this is an amazing opportunity! Your excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, will be key to your success in this challenging role. You will thrive at working under pressure and your resilience will enable you to keep up to date with deadlines in this pressurised fast paced environment. You will be a passionate HR professional.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Advising and taking minutes at grievance, investigation and disciplinary meetings
- Checking investigation reports and preparing case documents in line with Trust or Sodexo policy
- Regular meetings with managers to review all ER related casework, including performance management, health and safety and other disciplinary conduct issues
- Recruitment coordination of non-ROE un-banded staff all the way from advertising through to offer stage
- Create adverts for ROE vacancies using the TRAC system
- Support managers with right to work applications
- Conduct regular HR Audits to ensure operational management maintain a high level of compliance
- Maintaining accurate personnel records electronically and hard copy files
- Preparation of HR related letters
- Liaising with union representatives in order to set up meetings
- Support managers with overpayment issues including identifying the issues and offering written support following formal meetings with staff
- Support managers with complex employee pay queries
- Support change management projects by attending one to one discussions (following consultation with the HR Business Partner)
- Escalate areas of poor performance to the HR Business Partners
- Ad-hoc duties and reporting as and when requested
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven HR experience
- Ability to prepare written reports
- Organised, methodical with a high attention to detail
- Strong IT skills preferably with experience of HR systems, spreadsheet analysis techniques and T&A systems
- Knowledge of contracts of employment and terms and conditions
- Numerate with ability to work with pay rates and percentages
- Previous experience of working within a unionised environment is desirable
£20,00 - £24,000 + excellent benefits
Royal Stoke University Hospital, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4
Fixed term Contract Up to 18 months
Work Pattern - Monday to Friday 40hrs pw.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.