Interim Catering Manager
We are looking for an experienced Interim Catering Manager to join our team on a 3 months fixed term contract (with a potential extension) at a 7-day-a-week boarding school in Clane, co. Kildare for the new school year start.
You would be an experienced Catering manager, potentially with a background on education sector, great attention to detail, passion to deliver a high-quality service and delivering excellent food to our clients. Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills are a must.
We offer annual salary of €45,000 – 50,000 pro rata and great team to work with.
- To ensure financial aspects of catering/facilities operations are managed professionally and within the financial guideline agreed with the client
- To ensure the premises are kept to agreed level of cleanliness, and maintain safe working practices at all times
- To control expenditure undertaken as part of the contract including payment of wages, overtime, managing absence, bonus and other employee related costs
- To ensure the standards across the sites are in accordance with the service level agreements and key performance indicators as specified in the service contract
- Recruit, manage, induct, train, motivate and appraise staff to promote good employee relations and operate within Company procedures, legislation and the Investors in people standards. Maintain training records for all staff, ensuring that individual needs are recognised and met either through on or off job training
- Hold monthly team briefing meetings using Company team brief format.
- Deliver Sodexo’s S&U Fresh Food from Scratch food offer for all services.
- Innovate the food and marketing offer on site with an emphasis on boarding student satisfaction, creativity, themed events and driving cash sales.
- Be proactive in forming student engagement forums and regularly seek their involvement in the school’s food offer.
- Implement Right Time & UDC payroll systems.
- Implement Recipe Online and the new DRIVE systems as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Substantial leadership/supervisory experience in catering field
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent team building skills
- Good financial acumen
- Good front of house skills
- HND or equivalent
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.