We currently have an opportunity for a Hygiene Operative to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Ensure complete knowledge of all areas which are to be cleaned across the site.
- Ensure all areas are cleaned efficiently and in a timely manner to the required standards, this to include daily, weekly, and period tasks.
- Use cleaning chemicals safety as detailed by the control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH).
- Ensure full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and agents and use cleaning equipment as directed by the hygiene manager/supervisor only after correct training is given.
- Report immediately any equipment which is faulty, mark as faulty and do not use.
- Ensure that the safety signage is used appropriately at all times. E.g. wet floor signs and warn employees where possible.
- Ensure that cleaning stores are kept clean and tidy and equipment is stored correctly and safely at all times.
- Comply with all company regulations for cleaning materials, equipment and buildings.
- Draw to the attention of the hygiene Coordinator low levels of cleaning material stocks where appropriate so that replacement/new supplies can be re-ordered.
- Inform the hygiene Coordinator of any potential hazards on site of infringements of health and safety legislation.
- Attend training courses and meetings as necessary to maintain standards and assist in carrying out the job role efficiently.
- Provide cover in other areas in times of sickness and holidays when requested by the Hygiene Manager/Coordinator
- Ensure all cleaning equipment is kept clean and maintained in safe working order.
- Comply with all company and statutory food safety, health and safety, safe working practises, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH procedures. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place.
- To attend to any reasonable management request.
- Report and take any necessary action for any incidents of fire, theft, loss, damage or other accidents.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance and general cleanliness to comply with statutory and company regulations, wearing company uniform as specified.
- To wear PPE as appropriate to the task.
- To complete all records, check sheets and other documentation in a timely manner and submit to the hygiene coordinator on a weekly basis.
- Carry out all laundry related duties required by the business.
- Ensure Hygiene Cupboards are checked and stocked.
- If working in the pot wash make sure all equipment is cleaned to a high standard and visually check it is fully cleaned before entering into High Care and Low Risk areas, correct PPE must be worn in this area at all times and report any damage equipment and fabrication with in the pot wash to hygiene coordinator
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Have all round cleaning experience
- Be able to work on own initiative and manage own time
- Be able to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and management team
- Have good knowledge of H&S and CoSHH
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.