Housekeeper Newbold Revel
We are currently looking for a housekeeper to join our team at the stunning HMPS College Newbold Revel. The college specialises in training prison officers, and comprises of training rooms, gymnasiums, lecture halls and bedrooms, that are set amongst vast, beautiful grounds.
The role offers plenty of opportunities for career progression, overtime and advancement. The hours of work are 9am-2pm any five days over seven, and the rate of pay is £8.91 per hour, paid monthly.
Full training, uniform, and personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided to you from day one.
- Other benefits include:
- free transport to/from work
- one free meal per shift
- ‘Refer a Friend’ cash reward scheme
- Access to ‘Sodexo Discounts’ – “perks that matter to help you live a better and healthier life” – a shopping discount scheme where you can save on utilities, groceries, entertainment, fashion, travel and more!
- Welcome bonus
- In this role you will complete a list of scheduled cleaning tasks for all areas such as kitchens, toilets, showers, bathrooms, communal areas, bedrooms, and offices in a timely manner
- You will be responsible for the high standards of cleanliness across the site and for replenishing stock and consumables such as toilet tissue and hand gels
- You will adhere to all company policies in relation to infection control, security, and COSH regulations and undertake any training necessary
- You will be responsible for conducting all your activities in a safe manner by always wearing all required PPE, following all relevant Sodexo processes and rules.
- You will be responsible for reporting any safety issues, faulty equipment, or other areas of concern to your line manager
The Ideal Candidate
- Will be great at working independently or as part of a team
- Will show initiative in upkeep of standards and taking on cleaning tasks
- Will be reliable and have excellent timekeeping
- Will be customer focused and deal with all residents and personnel in a polite courteous manner
- Will have experience with COSH (Although not essential as full training will be provided)
Looking to join a world leading facilities management company? Are you someone with a keen eye for detail who has exceptional standards of cleaning? We want to hear from you! Start your career with Sodexo and join the thousands of employees already working alongside us. We offer quality of life services across a vast number of careers offering unrivalled opportunity for growth and progression.
‘We don’t have Employees – We have Team Members’
You don’t just join Sodexo – You belong. What do we mean when we say belong? It’s simple. We create a company where everyone is respected and know that their ideas count. We take care of the quality of life of our people. We make your workplace inclusive, encouraging people to bring their whole self to work, every day. That’s our philosophy, in a nutshell.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process