Hotel Services Manager
We are currently recruiting an experienced Hotel Services Manager with excellent communication and team management skills to manage the team as they deliver the highest possible standard of food service, cleanliness, window cleaning and grounds maintenance for patients, visitors and staff for the prestigious Nuffield Hospital in Cambridge.
As a Hotel Services Manager, you will ensure the highest standard of customer service and customer care in an environment similar to that of a 5* boutique hotel.
If you have a passion for customer service, innovation and people management, this may just be the role for you!
- Day to day management responsibility for the operational management of the contracted services within the site, ensuring services are delivered efficiently and in line with the contract and statutory obligations
- Day to day efficient management of all relevant employees including management of operational budgets and SLA’s
- Develop and maintain good working relationships
- Contribute towards service development at site
- Ensure the preparation, production and presentation of all meals and services are to Sodexo’s standards and procedures
- Ensure the quality of all the services is maintained at the required level as set out in the SLA’s
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction are monitored, measured and managed
- Manage clients proactively, ensuring their expectations are exceeded, and effectively communicate all client needs and business opportunities within the Sodexo team
- Assist with recruitment, training and management of staff, including personal development, reward and recognition, appraisals, health & safety, and communication of shared goals
- Comply with all Company & Client policies, site rules and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH
The Ideal Candidate
- Comprehensive experience of working in a management role within the soft FM service industry
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- People management skills including general HR skills in recruitment, training and managing employee performance including disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Able to analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Experience of budget management
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.