A career-enhancing opportunity has become available for a Hospitality Manager to join our team on a fixed term contract basis (until end of July 2022) on the Woldingham School site - set in 700 acres of beautiful Surrey countryside, this is one of the UK's leading day and boarding schools for girls.
We are looking for an experienced professional with a proven track record in managing high-end catering and hospitality service delivery, excellent knowledge of catering industry and innovations in this space as well as outstanding leadership, communication and customer service skills.
To fully appreciate the scope and nature of the role, previous experience operating in boarding school environment is preferred. Flexibility working in a 7-day-operation is a must.
We offer a salary up to £29,000, prestigious working environment and excellent development and progression opportunities within world-leading catering and hospitality provider.
It is less than three miles to the M25, only 30 minutes from Gatwick and 45 minutes from Heathrow. Direct trains reach the school in 25 minutes from Clapham Junction to the train station in the school grounds.
This is a 5/7 operation 52 weeks per year, with groups and weddings in school holidays. There will be an expectation of doing one weekend in 3 or 4 weeks, dependent on business requirement. Flexibility is key.
- Work with the Head of Catering and Hospitality for events that are held at Woldingham; weddings, residential groups and private functions and some school events
- Nurture client and customer relationships in order to stabilise & develop them for long term partnerships
- Deliver excellent standard to our Enterprise business with top class food and service delivery
- Identify opportunities for organic growth and new business.
- Exceptional management of Food Hygiene, Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation using the Sodexo Safety Management System.
- Undertake duty management shifts and be responsible for all staff on this shift.
- Manage and control the services on your shift to the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets
- To role model the “Focus on Five” management behaviours – Communication, Recognition, Performance, Training and Development and Clear Direction.
- To exhibit the values of both Independents by Sodexo and Woldingham
- To ensure all safeguarding responsibilities are complied with and followed
- To establish and maintain productive working relationships with individuals at all levels within the School and Independents by Sodexo
- To induct and manage staff according to the needs of the site and within the procedures laid down by the company and/or School. To have special regard to the welfare of your team and to organise regular and effective staff briefings, keeping minutes at all times
- To engage with key client groups - “Walk the Floor” during service periods and engage and interact with clients, colleagues, and any visitors.
The Ideal Candidate
- Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate
- Already a confident events planner/co-ordinator with a passion for events and hospitality
- Strong level of literacy and numeracy
- Experience in a busy, client facing environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to be an effective team player
- Flexible, with the ability to work under pressure and across a range of shifts and service times
- Direct management or supervisory experience of staff
- Strong ability to increase individuals’ effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- PC literate
- Advanced Food Safety or Health and Safety qualification
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. This role will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Fixed Term - ending in July 2022
£26400 - £29000 depending on experience
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance, free will writing, life assurance, 24hrs GP access and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave.
We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process