We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Hospitality Manager to join the management team at Bedford School. As the Hospitality Manager, you will provide effective delivery of hospitality services to the client organisation, in line with service level agreement and agreed performance indicators. You will organise staff, deliver and financially manage all functions, events and hospitality requirements for both internal and external customers.
The role will therefore suit a well organised and proactive Hospitality Manager, with a broad skill set to strategically to drive a 5 star service and customer focused operation.
This role is subject to Safer Recruitment checks and the successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS.
Rise with Sodexo
- Work with colleagues to ensure all information and communication regarding events, functions and hospitality is actioned in an efficient and effective manner.
- Actively oversee labour to ensure efficiencies and provide recommendations if required.
- Ensure all team catering duties are undertaken in a safe manner and that personal protective equipment (PPE) and hazard signs are used appropriately.
- Liase directly with customers regarding their requirements.
- Manage all aspects of event delivery including staffing, service methods, H&S and Food Hygiene.
- Communicate with the Executive Chef and GSM regarding all events, functions and hospitality bookings.
- Develop strong working relationships with on-site client/third parties especially client events team.
- Provide support on recruiting, induction, motivating, managing, training and developing all employees.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- A love of great food and great people
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to be an effective team player
- Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate
- IOSH/NEBOSH/CIEH qualification
Up to £27,000 depending on experience
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.