Hospitality Manager (Mess Manager)
Are you a Hospitality Manager or supervisor with experience working in a high profile environment or VVIP Clients? Look no further!
We are looking for a Mess manager who will be responsible for planning, organising, and managing delivery of all services within an Officers Mess operational business area. As a Mess Manager you will need to have good communication skills and be able to carry yourself in a confident manner. You will also need to demonstrate an understanding and respect for the clients’ values, tradition and culture. You must ensure that you and your team work to the highest standards of service excellence ensuring the service provided is above and beyond the customer’s needs.
For this very high profile environment, we also require a ‘can do’ team player who is well organised, articulate and professional. With these attributes the success that this job can bring is extremely rewarding.
This role is primarily Monday to Friday, however, includes working evenings and weekends to deliver functions, as the business requires.
- To perform and supervise the day to day activities of the Mess, to the benefit of all members and residents
- To promote and manage functions including planning, menus and costing in conjunction with the catering team
- To ensure standards of service detailed in the schedule of requirements (SOR) and quantity tables are achieved, maintained and developed
- To liaise with the PMC/RSM and mess committee to develop relationships and promote Sodexo
- To plan, organise and manage delivery of all services within the Mess operational business area
- To ensure standards of service detailed in the service level agreement
A full list of responsibilities can be found in the attached job description
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of working in a management role within the soft FM service industry
- Leadership skills and knowledge
- People management skills including general HR skills in recruitment, training and managing employee performance including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Experience of working within military environment
- Previous experience in effectively managing in a similar role
- Health and Safety qualification equivalent to IOSH managing safely
- Soft FM specific technical skills including contract catering, hospitality, retail and cleaning knowledge and skills
- Proven experience of managing client relationships within a contract environment
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
£25,000 - £25,500 per annum
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process