Health and Safety Manager
We are looking for a Health & Safety Manager to join the Sodexo team at Ascot Race course; this role involves supporting the Ascot management teams to be compliant with all of Sodexo HSEQ Policies whilst driving continual improvement in HSEQ culture and performance. This is a key role for us at this iconic venue where we need someone to be responsible for keeping a safe environment for our employees and our customers, maintaining and developing systems to ensure risks are being managed in accordance with legal, statutory and contractual requirements.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
- Ensure all records associated to the SEMS system are retained in accordance with policy and are audited to ensure they are compliant.
- Ensure the development, organisation, and fulfilment of risk assessments (including COSHH, DSE).
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are reported and investigated in accordance with procedure and that any corrective or preventative actions are undertaken.
- Manage Sodexo first aid provisions on site ensuring systems are in place to issue, audit and restock.
- In addition to ensuring compliance with the Electrical Safety Policy processes, undertake additional, documented visual checks on portable electrical equipment.
- Manage the Transport Safety Policy on site ensuring that all processes within the policy are being complied with.
- Undertake weekly site audits to ensure safe working procedures are being adhered to and align with the Sodexo QHSE policies.
- On operational event days, ensure that regular H&S walks are undertaken across site.
- Assist the Executive Chef with the implementation, management and auditing of the UK&I Food & Safety Management Policy.
- Ensure Licensing requirements for site activities are identified and processes followed in line with licensing legislation.
- Present and deliver company Health & Safety training regarding local induction training, workshops and toolbox sessions to ensure compliance and drive improvements.
- Assist with Third Party Management i.e. Site level H&S assessment of subcontractors and induction.
- Chair internal H&S meetings for Managers to drive Health and Safety awareness and improvements.
- Attend all client H&S meetings, reporting on areas as required with our Service Level Agreements.
The Ideal Candidate
- IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of QHSE working practices and Food Hygiene H&S legislation.
- Sufficient and relevant experience within a similar sector.
- Experience of compliance and audit management systems.
- Experience in accident investigation.
- Ability to demonstrate effective listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identity and implement innovative and solutions drive improvements in H&S on site.
- IT Skills – Good working knowledge of MS Office, including:
- Word – create and edit documents and reports
- Excel – able to use intermediate data analysis tools
- PowerPoint – intermediate level
- Full UK driving licence
- Ability to organise workloads and to prioritise effectively
- Flexible to work on race and event days.
Salary is Circa £35,000
Permanent, full time role with flexibility needed
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process