Health, Safety and Compliance Manager
Sodexo are currently recruiting for a number of brand new opportunities due to growth in our Corporate Services segment. Sodexo is the 19th largest employer worldwide, operating in 80 countries and employing 427,000 employees worldwide, we are the leader in Quality of Life services. Sodexo is not only a growth company; it is also a people-oriented company that places quality of life of its 100 million consumers at the center of its mission. Join our teams and experience their passion and the unique Sodexo spirit!
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety professional to join the team as a Health, Safety and Compliance Manager at our client site in Yeovil. You will be responsible for managing and delivery of all Environmental, Health and Safety matters across the client portfolio. If you are an ambitious team player, with a wide-ranging knowledge of Facilities delivery related legislation and best practice, we want to hear from you!
- Manage and delivery of all Environmental, Health and Safety matters across the Client portfolio.
- Continuously monitoring, reviewing and reporting compliance with all statutory legislation and contractual obligations regarding to planned and reactive maintenance for the Client contract estate.
- To provide support and guidance to the site operational teams to ensure compliance with the contract requirements of statutory legislation and critical maintenance.
- To manage the programme of ‘competent persons’ inspections through the client estate.
- To provide an efficient, effective and professional statutory compliance management service to the customer
The Ideal Candidate
- NEBOSH Certificate, General & or Construction
- Extensive knowledge of Facilities Delivery, related legislation and practice
- Familiarity with SSoW and permit management
- Accuracy in review of documentation and process as part of auditing requirement
- Willingness to work with the site teams at all levels including time spent on the ‘shop floor’
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communications both written and verbal.
- NEBOSH Diploma, CDM Coordinator, Asbestos Cat A or B
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process