Head of Clinical Services
At Prestige Nursing + Care we are leading the care industry to raise standards by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services that ensure people receive the highest quality of care.
With over 34 branches in England and Scotland and 75 years of experience in providing homecare to the community we are committed to be the best in our industry.
This is an exciting time to be joining Prestige Nursing + Care, part of the Sodexo Group. A rare opportunity has arisen to drive and lead the success of our Clinical offering as a Head of Clinical Services.
The role of Head of Clinical Services, which sits within the senior management team, is responsible for the development and leadership of all nursing, clinical, complex care provision, client experience and the registered nursing workforce across the organisation. Nationally, there are currently 34 branches in the north, south west and eastern regions, who provide care for adults, children and young people.
We are looking for a dynamic and independent professional with solid Nursing experience and a flexible, enthusiastic and can-do attitude to lead our clinical team.
The main duties of the role will include
- Being responsible for the performance management and professional standards of Regional Lead Nurses to ensure the delivery of high-quality care provision, including performance standards and company objectives are delivered across each branch.
- To provide strong leadership to the nursing profession, improving clinical leadership across the care pathway
- To ensure a culture of clinical excellence and robust clinical governance: relating to client safety, client experience whilst ensuring a culture of openness, learning and innovation
- To provide safeguarding leadership for adults and children
- To be responsible for embedding safe processes, practices, and a learning culture across the organisation.
- Drive improvement through client engagement and promoting registered nursing leadership.
- To direct Lead Nurses overseeing designated region, with delivery of clinical complex care and professional aspects of the business
- Clinical lead with responsibility for infection prevention and control, health and safety, emergency planning. Safeguarding children, safeguarding adults, and mental Health legislation.
- Providing professional leadership and advice across Prestige Nursing + Care to registered nurse workforce including recruitment, retention, appraisal, continual professional development, and performance management to enable client focused services.
- Implement and support systems and processes to ensure mechanisms are in place to continuously monitor and evaluate effectiveness of complex care provision
- Drive consistency across the regions by sharing learning and working collaboratively to drive improvements relating to all aspects of complex care provision.
- To operate as an effective member of the Senior management team
- To work to achieve effective partnerships across organisational boundaries to ensure that services provided meet the needs of all client and families
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the postholder will also contribute to the wider strategic development of the organisation.
- To be an ambassador for Prestige + Care and, where possible, seek opportunities to further build on the existing portfolio to grow the business and attract customers and clients.
- As a senior member of the leadership team and wider business play an active part in supporting the business achieving its goals
- Representing Prestige Nursing + Care externally, locally and nationally to promote and show case best practices across health and social care providers and be instrumental in taking the agenda of Care at Home services forward.
The Ideal Candidate
Key skills and attributes that we are looking for are-
- NMC registered nurse
- Relevant first degree or Master’s degree
- Relevant management/leadership qualification or attendance on a training programme
- Evidence of continual professional development
- Significant experience at senior level management in a clinical setting
- Significant experience of people/teams management
- Experience of managing professional development and professional conduct issues
- Significant experience of managing compliance within CQC regulatory and safeguarding legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and influencing skills
- Must be clinically credible and able to make effective clinical decisions
- Significant knowledge of clinical governance and quality improvement systems
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written
- Financial acumen
- Significant experience of effective partnership working – effective team player and able to work across different teams
- Significant knowledge of national health and social policy issue
- Ability to present information effectively in a variety of forums and to various audiences
- Able to travel nationally as required.
- Flexibility to work outside of Monday – Friday 9-5 when required for the needs of the business.
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Symmetry between personal and organisational values
- Full UK Driving License
What we offer in return
- A competitive salary
- Yearly bonus up to 15% of salary dependant on achieving objectives and company profits
- Car Allowance
- Private health care
- 25 days annual leave
- Work Place Pension
- Access to “Your Prestige” Employee benefits scheme
- Supportive working environment with ongoing learning and development opportunities.
- A friendly, agile and flexible working culture.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.