We are currently to recruit an experienced Grounds Supervisor working for Sodexo at the University of Greenwich. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced team leader to join a world leading facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
To supervise the operational delivery of contract within their area of responsibility to the specifications and quality standards set out in the contractual documents as agreed by Sodexo.
Develop long term management processes. Implement best standard, company, segment and divisional policies and procedures as directed
The planned operational delivery on contract includes, but is not limited to:
- Grass cutting
- Hedge trimming
- Shrub and tree pruning
- Removal of weeds and litter from beds, plant containers, pathways and grassed areas
- Laying out and planting bedding
- Fine turf maintenance
- The marking out and preparation of sports pitches
- Digging and mulching
- The watering of plants, beds and plant containers
- The collection and removal of waste arising from such activities
- Gritting and snow clearance
The Ideal Candidate
- Driving licence
- Experience in grounds maintenance, horticulture or related sector
- Good standards of literacy and numeracy
- Good communication skillls
- Horticultural experience/qualifications
- Previous supervisory experience
- Basic IT skills
Experience in grounds maintenance, horticulture or related sector
Good standards of literacy and numeracy
Good communication skillls
Previous supervisory experience
Basic IT skills
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 43,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.