We currently have an opportunity for an experienced grounds maintenance
operative to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused
individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company,
which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- As Grounds Maintenance Operative you will be responsible for the day to day upkeep of the campus including: grass cutting, maintenance of shrubs and flower beds, edging and clearing • hedge cutting, pruning, watering and planting sweeping, litter picking and cleansing emptying bins.
- Take responsibility for compliance and H&S, providing monthly updates to the supervisor.
- Establish a strong working relationship with the client to raise Sodexo’s profile and develop new business opportunities.
- Enforce relevant statutory and company health and safety compliance on site, including maintenance of all surfaces across campus
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Previous experience of grounds maintenance including artificial and
- grass sport surfaces.
- Ammenity grass surfaces.
- A required level of horticultral knowledge.
- Ability to solve problems and implement appropriate changes.
- Previous experience of working in standards driven/compliance
- Strong knowledge of health and safety and COSHH regulations.
- Ability to prioritise resources effectively.
- Previous experience of undertaking risk assessments.
- Full UK driving licence as the role includes operation of tractors and ride-on mowing equipment.
- Level 2 in Horticultral maintenance or equivalent.
- Previous experience in maintenance of machinery.
- Initial pitch marking.
- Plant and weed ident for contractual proposals.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.