Global Finance Controller
Sodexo’s broker organisation in the UK is responsible for negotiating supply management agreements with global vendors that benefit Sodexo On-site Services affiliates and Entegra around the world. In compensation for our joint collaboration, our global suppliers pay a broker fee.
The role is about managing the Broker activity performance, being the end to-end finance process owner, from the global supplier contract management to the modelling, analysis, accounting and reporting, along with the liaison with the seven regions and across the Global procurement teams.
- Key business partner to the global buyers to help them design broker contracts, negotiate gaps, simplify contracts, thereby keeping the best remuneration for Sodexo and understand the performance of contracts
- Manage the Global Broker Fee system, data and process, to provide accurate, effective, and timely results for analysis, modelling, accounting and reporting purposes. In this respect, be instrumental in the forthcoming project aiming at replacing the existing calculation system and adapting processes to the change
- Manage Broker Fee measurement process: volume collection from countries, calculation/modelling, reasonableness quality checks, reporting back to countries/region/global and review process, during the year through the quarterly reporting cycles (Target, Forecast, Actuals) at Group, Region and Country levels
- Effectively manage interface with Regions/Countries, Supplier, Global buyers, guarantee open communication with the Finance Community at Region and Global levels
- Manage the Broker Fee accounting, reporting, invoicing, volume reconciliation with suppliers and collection processes (3 legal entities)
- Direct management of a team of 2 locally plus management of the Porto shared service center relationship in charge of the supplier spend reconciliation
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive post qualification experience and a qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
- Global mindset, international experience and/or exposure an advantage
- Fluency in English mandatory; any other language an advantage
- Seasoned Finance professional with operational experience and some exposure to Supply Management
- Process-oriented and organized individual with emphasis on strong analytical skills, diligence, accuracy, attention to detail and respect of deadlines.
- Individual who can work proactively and plan effectively, be agile with systems and data management
- Ability to work transversally without authority, liaison with the regions and top management
- Leadership qualities in a multi-cultural environment, strong communication and presentation skills
- Flexible and pragmatic, able to deal with complexity
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.