Generalist Tutor - Part Time
HMP Peterborough are currently recruiting for a part time Generalist Tutor to provide general lessons covering a range of subject lessons that supports learners to increase their academic levels. A good understanding of functional skills is essential for this position.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country’s only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use ‘Restorative Approaches’ to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links’ offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
- Work effectively and efficiently with the Learning & Skills Manager and Education Manager to produce innovative and stimulating lessons for residents to encourage participation whatever level the prisoners are starting from.
- Effectively plan sessions by preparing and using relevant data for the benefit of the learner identifying opportunities for development.
- Ensure all relevant policies and procedures, such as Security, Health and Safety and Prisoner Welfare, are adhered to and take responsibility of the work area.
- Identify the needs of individuals in classes and groups and develop differentiation strategies and resources accordingly.
- Assist in any marketing strategies related to courses, delivery and training within normal work hours and out of normal work hours.
- Monitor take-up sessions and employ strategies to increase take-up to ensure maximum attendance.
- Monitor attendance of learners reporting any difficulties to your Line Manager
Please see attached job description for further information regarding the role requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Full teaching qualification (Minimum of CTLLS) or PGCE.
- Experience of delivering a variety of subjects
- Experience of delivering in a classroom environment and in a 1:1 situation.
- Have an ability to communicate effectively at all times through different mediums, including spoken and written communication.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to change with ease.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently.
22.5 hours per week working 3 days a week
Salary is £15,592.72 - £18,240.30 per annum
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
Post holders will be subjected to an advanced DBS check, a prison security check (level 2) prior to being employed.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.