General Service Assistant
- Reporting to the Catering Manager/ Deputy Catering Manger all catering units are running smoothly.
- To be responsible for the efficient and cost effective day to day running of the catering units with a focus on healthy eating and making very good impression of the catering service team and food offer.
- To operate an efficient, smooth and well planned daily service.
- Role requirement is to undertake duties such as food production (meat/veg etc), hot/cold beverage construction, vending duties, cleaning duties and hospitality duties when required on day to day schedule pattern.
- Managing stock level, stock rotation and ordering.
- Act as a healthy ambassador and being a passionate about the food.
- To ensure standards of service are in line with the site SOP at all times.
- To delivery exemplary customer service in all areas.
- To ensure a seamless customer experience and delivering the high quality of the products with an exceptional high standards and making an unique taste and presentation making people feel health and well looked after.
- To undertake all catering related duties this to include, food and beverage service, production, delivery and cleaning.
- Stock management, stock control and software activity in all areas
- Responsible for supporting the operation of the catering department at Johnson and Johnson High Wycombe as directed by the department and site leadership Team.
- Responsible for ensuring standards of customer service are maintained at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring that all till transactions are processed in accordance with Company Policy.
- Responsible for adhering to all Company food safety and health and safety policies.
- Ensure the prompt provision and efficient service of all meals and catering requirements at the specified time to the standards laid down in the KPI's.
- Ensure that the Company’s accountancy documentation and administration procedures are carried out to the Sodexo Way Compliance Standards and that the necessary weekly & monthly returns are completed accurately and transmitted at the appointed time or dispatched manually.
- Maintain levels of stock; effectively manage the stock to minimize the waste, efficient planning required in all catering areas, when ordering stock.
- Ensure that methods of preparation, production and presentation comply with Sodexo’s standards and procedures in all food and beverages.
- Comply with all relevant sections of the Quality Assurance Audit and to complete routine audits.
- Comply with all Company & Client policies, site rules and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety,
- Safe working practices, Hygiene, Cleanliness, Fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place and training of staff.
- Ensure that all equipment used, is in safe working order, checked regularly and serviced. Report any faults to management, ensure they are rectified and ensure equipment is not used until safe.
- Ensure the standards across the site(s) are in accordance with the Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators specified in the service contract.
- Compile and agree an annual business plan with your line manager and to be responsible for achieving all actions.
- Initiate a process of continuous improvement by undertaking company promotions and extraordinary merchandising initiatives to ensure the profitable growth of the contract.
- Ensure that all written communication represents a professional image to customers, clients and staff.
- Maximize profitable sales by the introduction and maintenance of food service brands to the standard required by the Company.
- Attend to and take all necessary action, statutory or otherwise, in the event of incidents or accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate.
- Comply with any reasonable instruction from your line manager within the agreed deadline.
- Comply with all Sodexo Company policies/procedures and client site rules and regulations.
- Ensure everyone is being served with accordance to company procedures and SOP
The Ideal Candidate
- Passion about food and open-minded to changes and innovations.
- People person who would work well within a team as well as on its own. Provide friendly and supportive atmosphere within the team, Can do Attitude and ownership, this will build team morale and aim to work together to achieve goals. Operate within Company procedures, legislation and Client policies.
- Represent company with a positive, approachable, friendly and professional image.
- To attend an annual PDR with your Line Manager.
- Attend Company Training Courses and District Meetings as requested.
- Plan holidays within the operation and the team lead.
- Excellent customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Food Safety and H&S.
- Professional personal presentation.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to contribute to the team.
- Ability to use your own initiative.
- Attention to detail with an eye for an innovations.
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Effective time management.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Experience of working in a busy, fast changing and demanding environment.
Other relevant information
- To attend meetings and training courses as required.
- This job description is intended to give an overview of duties and responsibilities to be undertaken. It does not attempt to detail every activity. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the job holder at regular intervals and as per food operational changes as and when. Employee will be required at all times to perform any other reasonable task, as requested by the Line Manager in order to meet the operational needs of the business.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.