General Cleaning Operative
This is a fantastic opportunity to be responsible for the cleaning and servicing of areas as allocated by the Supervisor or Sodexo management team to the standard required by the client and Sodexo.
- Have complete knowledge of all areas to be cleaned
- Clean all allocated areas to standard as per training including day cleaning, office cleaning and toilet cleaning.
- To effectively undertake day cleaning duties to include; recycling, confidential waste, litter picking, the cleaning of; Staff Restaurant, Changing Rooms, Reception.
- Use chemicals, disposables and equipment safely and as per training, have a good knowledge of products/equipment on site, ensuring efficient use of chemicals and disposables to reduce waste, ensuring all equipment/chemicals are stored safely and fit for purpose and in good working order
- Observe H&S guidelines at all times, ensuring use of safety signs and barriers
- Maintain cleaning cupboards, ensuring they are stocked and clean
- To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene is maintained at all times and that uniform provided and specified is worn with care to being clean and ironed.
- Report to Supervisor any H&S, product, equipment or other site issues, completing any required paperwork
- Complete any forms and paperwork as required
- Comply with all Company and Client policies and procedures, statutory regulations relating to your work place, this will include but not limited to fire; health and safety; hygiene; working safely; COSHH.
- Report and take necessary action for any incidents of accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage or other irregularities
- To deal with any complaints / issues from customers immediately and report directly to your supervisor.
- To participate actively within team meetings in order to develop ideas to enhance service offer.
- To be flexible to work additional hours in order to cover holiday and sickness within the team
- To attend to any reasonable management request which may include assisting facilities or hospitality on site or assisting in duties on another site
The Ideal Candidate
- All round cleaning experience
- Able to work on own initiative and manage own time
- Able to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and management team
- Good knowledge of H&S and COSHH
- High standard of personal hygiene and appearance
To be responsible for the Maintenance/cleaning and servicing of areas, as allocated by your Manager or
Supervisor to the standard required by the Client and Sodexo.
• Customer & Client Focus; Deliver customer service to build valuable long term relationships with
colleagues, customers and clients
• Impact and Influence; Communicates to build relationships and interacts appropriately with others
• Continuous Improvement; Seeks to raise standards and improve quality of performance and service
• Working with others ; Works effectively and professionally with others to achieve the desired results
• Ensure all areas are maintained and serviced in accordance with O & M and other statutory
• Ensure complete knowledge, awareness participation of all serviceable areas of the contract.
• Undertake and carryout supervisor duties to monitor cleaning activities and directly report
non-conformances to the manager
• Ensure complete knowledge of all areas which are to be cleaned in the course of duty
• Ensure all areas are cleaned efficiently and in a timely manner to the required standards - this to
include weekly and period tasks.
• Use cleaning chemicals safely as detailed by the Control of Substances Hazardous to health
• Ensure full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and agents and use cleaning
equipment as directed by the Cleaning Manager/Supervisor only after correct training is given.
Report immediately any equipment which is faulty, mark as faulty and do not use.
• Ensure that the safety signage is used appropriate at all times, e.g. wet floor signs and “warn”
customers where possible.
• Ensure that cleaning stores are kept clean and tidy and equipment is stored correctly and safely at
• Comply with all security regulations for cleaning materials, equipment and buildings as laid down by
client and Sodexo.
1/2 - www.sodexo.com
• Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance and general cleanliness to comply with
statutory and Company regulations, wearing company uniform as specified.
• Draw to the attention of the Cleaning Supervisor/Manager low levels of cleaning material stocks
where appropriate so that replacement/new supplies can be re-ordered
• Draw to the attention of the Cleaning Supervisor/Manager any potential hazards on site or
infringements of Health & Safety Legislation.
• Attend training courses and meetings as is necessary to maintain standards in the contract and
assist in carrying g out the job role efficiently
• Provide cover in other areas in times of sickness and holidays when requested by the Cleaning
• Ensure all cleaning equipment is kept clean & maintained in safe working order.
• Comply with all Sodexo Company policies procedures and client site rules and regulations
• Comply with all Company & client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe
working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any
specific hazards in your work place
• To attend to any reasonable management request
• Report and take necessary action for any incidents of accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, or other
Knowledge, skills and experience
• Experience working in a cleaning team
• Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
• Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business