General Catering Assistant - Schools
We currently have an opportunity for a General Catering Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To ensure the prompt and efficient preparation and service of all meals to the company’s standard and to the client’s satisfaction and maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of the Unit to the required standard in the Service Level Agreement.
- To assist in the presentation of food services, maintaining a high standard of service and hygiene. To clear and clean working areas, including equipment and utensils.
- To be a front line ambassador of Sodexo, and to project a welcoming, efficient and professional attitude to our customers at all times.
- To comply with all the legal and hygiene requirements.
- To assist as directed, with all aspects of preparation and presentation of food to the company’s standards, utilising recipes from the central system and to have full knowledge of all allergen information prior to service.
- To assist at service time by serving the customers, as directed, to the company standard, including correct portion control and promote a friendly atmosphere.
- To operate the cash register (if required) and make necessary sales records.
- To undertake all aspects in the cleaning of equipment – walls (up to 6ft), floors, fixtures and fittings, to the companies’ standard according to the cleaning rota as required and directed.
- To ensure work areas and equipment are left clean.
- To assist in loading service counters, as and when directed, and to ensure sufficient supplies throughout the service period, paying particular attention to the minimum style guide standards and implementation of all current marketing offers and promotions.
- To accept deliveries, recording necessary temperatures and putting away as set out by safegard and your line manager.
- To assist, from time to time, at special functions, some of which may occasionally occur outside working hours.
- To report immediately any incidents of fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate or possible.
- To relieve in other local units from time to time during sickness
- To report any customer complaints and take action, if at all possible.
- To attend any reasonable requests made by the Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Enhanced DBS Clearance
- High Team Ethic and working principles
- Customer Service Skills
- Previous Catering Experience
- Food Hygiene Qualifications
Responsible for the lunch time service and reheating food and preparation for approx. 90 pupils and staff, working in the specialist SEN school.
You will ensure that the foods are allocated to all three dining areas and maintain the catering provision daily
Working term time only in the new build school kitchen.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.