Front of House Manager
Sodexo's Energy & Resources segment are looking for an experienced Front of House Manager to join us on a highly prestigious client site in London. We are looking to recruit someone who is keen to deliver passion, drive and great customer service that is expected at a flag ship London corporate head office This role is an integral part of our Sodexo on site team and will support the General Services Manager to ensure services are of the highest standard. If you are passionate about delivering a high-end 5* Front of House service and have a proven track record of doing so, we would love to hear from you! You will be an excellent people manager who thrives under pressure; you will be managing up to 25 staff and your key skill will be attention to detail. Together with the catering team, you will drive the delivery and development of the food offer, services and events through commercial initiatives, innovation and team development. You will work collaboratively with other Heads of department to drive service, ensuring prompt and efficient service in all food areas. Budget management and sales growth will be one of your priorities.
- Responsible for supporting the preparation and presentation of all meals and service at the required time
- Supporting development and implementation strategy of food offer innovation and growth which is in tune with requirements for new trends
- To drive out additional revenue in all catering areas
- Ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly regarding customers allergens
- Organise any special functions as required, some of which may occur outside of normal working hours
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals at all levels within the company and client organisation
- To ensure that the companies accountancy, documents and administration procedures are carried out to the laid down standard and the necessary weekly returns are completed accurately and sent to the appointed office on time
- Support the financial performance of the catering department
- To maintain the standards and integrity of the service offer and service level agreement at all times to carry out a daily service audit
- Implement and maintain the statutory and company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary
- To ensure all required risk assessments and due diligence documentation are fully compliant regarding food hygiene and safe systems of work as required by Sodexo policy
- To take all necessary steps to ensure maximum security of the kitchens, stores, offices and other areas under Sodexo’s control.
- To ensure all new staff follow the full company induction programme. To monitor the performance of staff, carry out performance reviews and provide training and coaching as necessary, and record on the appropriate documents. Ensure high standards of presentation, customer service and behaviour are maintained.
- To have special regard for the welfare of the establishment staff and to organise regular and effective staff meetings. To fulfil the requirements of the Sodexo people management processes
- Engage, motivate and reward our employees to ensure they are satisfied with their working relationships at all levels
The Ideal Candidate
- Good standard of literacy, numeracy, financial acumen and experience of managing a budget
- Previous catering experience in similar environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, client and staff at all levels
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated, able to make decisions and react to sudden changes in operation
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines
- Computer literate
- Ability to develop increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
- IOSH managing safely qualification / food safety qualification
- Experience of managing conflicting expectations of the client and consumer within one business area
To £30,000pa + benefits
Location: Waterloo, London SE1
Work Pattern – 40hrs pw Monday to Friday with flexibility as business
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.