- Oversee the service of all food & beverages within the hotel in absence of the F&B Manager
- Work Duty Manager shifts as and when required
- Apply attention to detail to the way in which food and drinks are presented ensuring the customer receives a quality product every time
- Be passionate about food, beverage and customer service, seeking to ensure that the highest standards are met at all times
- Complete minor food preparation tasks as necessary to assist with food service
- Be in attendance at core meal times ensuring that all customers receive the best possible service as well as providing an initial point of contact should there be any questions or complaints
- Actioning customer compliments by praising staff and resolve complaints satisfactorily, referring to your line manager where necessary
- Managing the restaurant and bar booking sheets
- Liaise with chef on duty to ensure seamless food service and ensure good communication with head chef to provide feedback on food service
- Organizing and delivering events and functions to the required standards
- Liaise with the events coordinator regarding organization of functions and events
- Involve and manage food and beverage promotions ensuring costings are accurate with achieving correct GP
- Identifying and maximize up selling opportunities for profitable sales growth
- A proactive attitude to continuous improvement is visible with regular meetings to review service delivery including service styles and menu offers as well as positive customer feedback, ensuring that the whole team is engaged in this process
- Report and liaise regularly with management team regarding departmental performance and ensure they are informed of any relevant information or issues
- Knowledge of health & safety and food safety in a catering environment
- Maintain levels of quality, cleanliness, food safety and hygiene in line with company SEMS, Safeguard and local authority regulations i.e. EHO, HSE
- Ensure security is maintained and events are staffed appropriately and in accordance with licensing laws and Licensing Procedures.
- Embrace and grow a ‘zero accidents culture’ within your team by ensuring the accurate reporting of near misses and accidents as well as reporting any equipment defects to your line manager in line with company procedure
- Ensure the correct storage and disposal of foods in line with company policies and procedures
- Ensuring that all equipment used is in safe working order, checked regularly and any faults reported to management, ensure equipment is not used until safe
- To be aware of the evacuation procedures and adhere to them in the event of an evacuation
- Maximise company profits through rigorous analysis and control of both wastage and portioning as well as sales data
- Ensure all company documents are completed with integrity and that due diligence is practiced at all times
- Ensure cash procedures are adhered to and strictly monitored, including preparation and calculation of beverage bills within all departments, and cashing up of tills as per Sodexo Cash Handling Policy
- Take responsibility for stock control, including ordering, acceptance, maintenance of stock levels and stock rotation, and report &return of any sub-standard items
- Completion of a monthly equipment and stock take of all goods under responsibility
- Actively manage and encourage your assistants ensuring that company expectations are adhered to at all times.
- Carry out training as required ensuring that your team have the skills needed to excel
- Positive team culture and high levels of productivity and employee engagement are demonstrated
- Maintain high standards of appearance and personal effectiveness across the department
- Ensure all staff adhere to the uniform and personal hygiene policy as detailed within Company Induction pack.
- Ensure breaks are organized in accordance with fluctuations in the volume of business
- Continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position
- Attend weekly team meetings to maintain levels of communication across the team
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment.
- A positive working relationship with the client is evident
- Undertake any other reasonable task as directed by the Management
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Previous track record of catering/ hotel employment in a similar role
- Proven experience in stock management, cash control and customer service
- Proven leadership skills to lead and motivate a team
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy, sound financial acumen
- Competent IT skills including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure managing multiple workloads
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hotel operations
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Food Safety
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated with a sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role - must be available to work different shifts including evenings and weekends
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- IOSH Managing Safely Qualification or Equivalent
- First Aid Certificate
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines
- Experience in working with Point of Sales System
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.