Food Service Assistant
- To assist with the serving of meals to customers in a busy food court area
- To ensure the servery and dining room areas are clean & tidy
Ability to operate Epos tills and complete daily paperwork
- To produce drinks and serve food from 5 retail food counters
- To maintain stock levels by replenishing display fridges and counters
- To sell & demonstrate product knowledge advising customers and suggesting products to the customers
- To maintain standards of Health & Safety & cleanliness
- To operate the till in line with cash handling procedures
- To attend work at designated shift & times
- To complete all tasks required by the daily cleaning schedule
- Ability to work with a team and on own initiative
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients & staff
- Flexible approach to the role
- Literate & numerate
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Reliable & committed
- Honest & open willing to learn
We are looking for a flexible team member to join our team, this role is suited to someone looking for casual work as we cannot guarantee hours on a weekly basis. The ideal applicant will be required to have basic understanding of food production & handling, be comfortable operating a coffee machine & till and be local to the area. Hours can range from 8am - 9pm predominantly Monday to Friday. There may be some requirement for Saturdays but prior notice will be given.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.