Fire Safety Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Sodexo team as a Fire Safety Engineer. As the Fire Safety Engineer, you will devise and assess fire safety strategies for a range of different occupancies. This will include occupancy numbers, management level, escape routes etc. You will focus on creating safe, innovative and sustainable solutions within Sodexo and the sites be run throughout the UK.
You will be required to travel to various different sites, therefore you must be flexible.
This role would be ideal for someone with a fire service background and is looking to develop their career.
Rise with Sodexo
- To provide training for staff across the whole of the Company portfolio.
- Be able to complete, review, interpret and advise on Fire risk assessments, maintenance of fire compartmentation to include fire doors, fire dampers and fire stopping, fire warden duties and hot works permits.
- Identify legal requirements and the adequacy of the FRA.
- Provide expert advice to a suitable standard to be provided to a court for legal purposes.
- Liaise with the following, Fire Brigade Inspecting Officers, Building Control, Auditors and Clients general H&S officers
- Compile documents to a high standard which will form part of the Safety and Environmental Management System which provide the framework for fire safety within the organisation. These are to include technical documents covering all aspects of statutory fire safety.
- Conduct investigations, identify the root cause and what systems may be required in order to achieve regulatory compliance.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good communication skills
- To have a knowledge and understanding of and be able to apply the following documents and core fire safety principles to projects of all sizes and have some understanding of fire engineering principles.
- NEBOSH National certificate in fire safety and risk management
- Level 6 qualification in Fire Engineering or equivalent
- Institute of Fire Engineers Risk Auditor or equivalent
- Member of the Institution of Fire Engineers or equivalent
- Be a member of the Institute of Fire Engineers
- FDIS Diploma in Fire Doors or equivalent
Up to £52,000 depending on experience
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!!!!
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process