Fire Safety Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Sodexo team as a Fire Safety Manager. As the Fire Safety Manager, you will be devise and assess fire safety strategies for a range of different occupancies. This may include occupancy numbers, management level, escape routes etc. This role would be ideal for someone with a fire service background and wants to develop their career.
Rise with Sodexo
- To provide training for staff across the whole of the Company portfolio.
- Be able to complete, review, interpret and advise on Fire risk assessments, maintenance of fire compartmentation to include fire doors, fire dampers and fire stopping, fire warden duties and hot works permits.
- Identify legal requirements and the adequacy of the FRA.
- Provide expert advice to a suitable standard to be provided to a court for legal purposes.
- Liaise with the following, Fire Brigade Inspecting Officers, Building Control, Auditors and Clients general H&S officers
- Compile documents to a high standard which will form part of the Safety and Environmental Management System which provide the framework for fire safety within the organisation. These are to include technical documents covering all aspects of statutory fire safety.
- Conduct investigations, identify the root cause and what systems may be required in order to achieve regulatory compliance.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good communication skills
- To have a knowledge and understanding of and be able to apply the following documents and core fire safety principles to projects of all sizes and have some understanding of fire engineering principles
- Have knowledge and understanding of the following: Pas 79, HTM 05-03 part K and HM Govt suite of documents entitled “Fire Safety Risk Assessment ………. Premises”
- NEBOSH National certificate in fire safety and risk management
- Level 6 qualification in Fire Engineering or equivalent
- Institute of Fire Engineers Risk Auditor or equivalent
- Member of the Institution of Fire Engineers or equivalent
- Be a member of the Institute of Fire Engineers
- FDIS Diploma in Fire Doors or equivalent
Up to £52,000 depending on experience
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.