Financial Reporting and Accounting Manager
We have an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious Qualified Accountant who is looking to make their mark, based in our Salford office you’ll be a key member of our Finance team.
As a Financial Reporting and Accounting Manager you’ll deliver compliant and controlled monthly actuals P&L, balance sheet and cash-flow statement in the reporting system HFM, respecting deadlines within a complex company structure with a history of external acquisitions creating over 35 trading and 45 dormant legal entities across England, Scotland, Republic of Ireland, Cyprus, Japan, New Zealand. You’ll work with an offshore financial shared services centre based in Portugal and a Treasury Centre in Ireland.
You’ll be the key point of reference for technical accounting issues in UK GAAP and IFRS (IFRS2, IFRS9, IFRS 15 and IFRS16) and take responsibility for delivering the audited accounts and co-ordinating external auditors and reporting in IFRS to our parent entity in France. You’ll drive optimisation of company structure as well as striving for continuous improvement of processes to find efficiencies in the production of information, in the context of the implementation of shorter reporting deadlines.
You’ll be a motivated and proactive professional willing to get stuck in and create a positive impact on the business, this position will bring a variety of challenges pushing your technical expertise and ability to think innovatively.
Some home working can be accommodated in this position.
- Accountable for delivery of monthly actual P&L, balance sheet and cash-flow statement in the reporting system HFM. This includes closing of the SAP subledgers and general ledger according to the defined timeline, input financial statements of entities in external accounting systems, solving issues related to controlling of financial statements (system controls, unbalanced statements, balance sheet flows reporting, IFRS reporting).
- Submit controlled accounts by working day 6, and take responsibility of finding efficiencies in the monthly controlling process in order to meet the requirement of moving the reporting deadline forward to working day 5 and then to working day 4.
- Drive improvement of the quality of accounting information to facilitate monthly reporting process, working closely with our accounting shared services centre in Porto, the segment financial controllers, the FP&A team, the Finance Process and Systems manager and IS&T for necessary system developments.
- Work closely with segment Finance Directors in projects of integration acquired companies in our accounting and reporting systems.
- Work closely with segment Finance Controllers and Head of Finance – Region Management Reporting to improve control over the balance sheet.
- Work with the finance director of our global sports events business to guarantee correct reporting of trading, assets and liabilities.
- Owner of the Planon (asset management tool used for IFRS 16 impact calculation) finance processes: coordinate monthly update of information, monthly close and booking of IFRS 16 journals in the accounting system and controlling of resulting impacts in the financial statements.
- Accountable for the production, audit, signature and filing of the companies’ entities statutory accounts (circa 35 trading entities + 45 dormants).
- Technical point of reference for Finance Directors for all technical accounting matters in UK GAAP and IFRS (IFRS 2, IFRS 9, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16). Own implementation of new accounting standards in the region, working closely with the Group Director of Accounting Methods and Procedures and the Region’s Finance Directors.
- Owner of the bi-yearly external audit process. This includes being the point of contact for external auditors, coordinating preparation of the PBC list documentation, follow-up progress of the audit.
- Manage project to optimize the company structure: strike-off dormants, reduce the number of entities.
- Manage and develop one regional financial accountant.
- Accountable for management accounting of holdings entities and PFIs.
- Own accounting issues log quarterly review with Group Consolidation Director.
- Manage specific finance processes: acquisition accounting, pensions accounting, free shares accounting, distribution of dividends, apprenticeship levy prepayment, loans accounting, exceptional costs accounting.
- Accountable for ONS and Cabinet office reporting.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Experience in practice
- Proven experience in a finance reporting position, in a complex company structure
- Knowledge of IFRS reporting
- Experience with accounting systems (SAP) and management reporting systems (HFM)
- Resilient and motivated with drive and determination to identify and resolve issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure; think clearly and act decisively
- Flexible and comfortable with working in a context of change
- Good personal organization skills
£65,000 - £75,000 per annum plus excellent benefits available
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.