Finance Manager - Ascot Racecourse
We have an excellent opportunity for a Finance Manager to join the Sodexo team at Ascot Racecourse. As Finance Manager, you'll provide advice in all commercial and financial areas including but not limited to: business analysis, reporting, accounting, planning, control, risk management and presenting directly to senior management on business performance.
This is primarily a Monday to Friday role, although 15 of the 26 Ascot race days per year fall on the weekend. Working on these days is a key requirement of the role.
- Manage, coach and develop direct reports to allow each person to reach their potential and ensure the best finance team members are in place with the necessary skills to perform the role
- Produce high quality management information, for both the retail and event accounts, to the business and the client that will support and substantiate the profit share financials with a strong emphasis on revenue and cost analysis, cost control and profit improvement opportunities
- Support the planning and delivery of the commercial operation on race days, in particular Royal Ascot, ensuring appropriate resourcing and controls in place to maximise profitability and minimise losses
- Proactively work with the Retail Manager and heads of department to develop robust forecasts and budgets ensuring information integrity and high quality and flexible analytical insight
- Work with the business to develop best practice Sodexo accounting and control procedures and support the Senior Finance Manager in delivering key system improvements around stock control and labour management
- Provide pro-active support to the Senior Finance Manager and deputise where necessary
- Assist in credit control process and in managing debtors
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership of team members
- Qualified accountant or part qualified (final stages)
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Organised and self-motivated
- Flexible approach to working
- Experience of a high-volume retail and cash environment
- Good working knowledge of the SAP FICO module
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.