Facilities Support Officer
To deliver a courteous, professional, customer focused out of hours support service within a student accommodation site that operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Provide Out of Hours cover of the site Helpdesk/Reception to enable residents to receive prompt support at the point of need
- Respond promptly to incidents and emergency situations.
- Monitor CCTV to ensure security of site and prevent unlawful access
- Conduct high visibility pro-active patrols of all parts of the site to reassure residents and identify potential and emerging issues
- Respond to minor maintenance issues, or escalate through the appropriate process for more serious issues, so as to minimise inconvenience to residents
- Manage incidents Out of Hours such as Fire Alarms, Intruders, Anti-Social Behaviour, First Aid etc.
- Provide pastoral support to students in need, or provide appropriate advice on where to seek support
- Conduct routine caretaking responsibilities such as cleaning and ensuring public areas are kept to a high standard, litter picking around site, this will also include clearing pathways when it snows and keeping the site gritted in Icy conditions.
- Ensure ‘The Hub’ facilities are used appropriately by residents and their guests, and where required litter is collected and all bins emptied and spillages cleaned.
- During the Summer commercial season support the delivery of a front of house service to arriving and departing guests. Support in converting the accommodation from student accommodation to a ‘hotel’ environment and then back to student occupation. This could include but not exclusive to tasks such as supporting in moving items for set up, room inspections or putting items in rooms.
- Support with the arrival and departure of students throughout the year.
- Carry out the weekly water system flush
- Liaise with key stakeholders and partner agencies in a courteous, professional manner
- Log all occurrences and tasks in the appropriate recording mechanism
- Undertake any relevant personal and professional development as required by the business in support of the role being undertaken
- This list is not exhaustive, and the post holder is expected to undertake reasonable additional duties in support of the site team as and when required, especially in the event of major incidents that have the potential to endanger the life, building or reputation.
- A full brief of duties are found within the site Assignment Instructions which are issued to each member of the Facilities Support (Security) team
The Ideal Candidate
- SIA Licence (Manned Guarding/Door Supervision)
- First Aid at Work
- A minimum of 2 years Frontline Security Industry Experience
- Experience of working with young people (17 – 25)
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service, preferably within the hospitality or education sectors
- Experience of positively engaging with people from a wide range of backgrounds, cultures and nationalities
- Experience of managing difficult situations, such as an angry or distressed customers
- Experience of prioritising tasks and resources in a timely manner
- SIA Licence (CCTV)
- Experience of working within the Higher Education sector
- Experience of investigating serious incidents and dealing with potentially distressing situations
- Experience of working within a similar role
The role is working 12 hour nights shifts on a rota with a shift pattern of 4 nights on 4 nights off
The average weekly hours are 42 pro rata
Hourly rate is £10 per hour
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process