Role Summary: Carry out and organise all maintenance related duties as part of the team in all areas of the premises. The Maintenance Operative is responsible for painting, decorating, gardening, waste disposal, carpentry, plumbing and general repairs. Ensure all tasks are completed in compliance within the Health, Safety and Fire regulations, best practice and available resources.
Duties & Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Liaise with the Management team on a daily basis to prioritise maintenance requirements for the premises.
- Ensure all work carried out is removed from the list and marked as completed.
- Complete weekly, monthly and annuals maintenance checks and audits, complete corrective actions within given timeframes and follow up accordingly.
- Clean, repair, replace, service, paint, varnish, order and/or collect supplies, furniture, equipment, systems, all areas of the client site when required.
- Gardening duties; mowing the grass to the appropriate height and keeping it in good order throughout the year, trimming and pruning hedges and shrubs in the correct season if applicable.
- Domestic, and hazardous waste disposal and segregation; ensure bins, compactors are collected, cleaned and kept in a hygienic manner at all times.
- Coordinate contractors and have a full understanding of the maintenance contracts in place with the relevant companies
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Fire regulations at all times.
- Report any incident/hazards to the relevant parties, ensure corrective action is taken and that it’s logged in the maintenance log.
- Ensure full availability to support, assist, and oversee any emergency maintenance related situation on the premises.
- Assist and support the management team during internal and external audits/inspections.
- Must be available to work various days, evenings and weekend shifts when required.
Education & Qualifications: ·
- The Ideal candidate will have knowledge in Manual Handling, Fork lift licence, MEWP licence, Abrasive Wheels certification, Welding certification (training can be provided if required).
Skills and Experience: ·
- Good working knowledge of painting, decorating, gardening, waste disposal, carpentry, domestic plumbing and general repairs is essential.
- Previous working experience within a manufacturing setting is desirable.
- Comfortable working at heights and in confined spaces and be physically capable of carrying, loading and storing furniture and equipment in a safe manner.
- Ability to use hand and power tools and operate safely in any environments that may be cold, warm, with noise, dust or areas containing domestic and hazardous waste materials, etc.
- Full Irish Driver’s License is essential
- Be computer literate (basic excel, word, email applications)
- Service, replenish stocks, clean and maintain all housekeeping areas within your allocated
working floor to Sodexo standards
- Ensure that customer requirements are met and their needs are anticipated at all times.
- Respond positively, politely and promptly to all customer requirements and carry out your
duties in a professional and courteous manner
- Replenish, clean and re-fill vending areas with supplies daily, following Sodexo guidelines
- Collect, segregate and maintain all waste collection, ensuring that all bins internal and
external are kept in good order at all times
- Manage the collection and disposal of confidential waste to the designated container
- Supply and replenish stationary
- Carry out basic meeting rooms checks and replenish consumables therein, reporting problems found as per local guidelines.
- Replenish paper & toner cartridges within multi functional devices as and when required
- Deliver and collect mail to predetermined destinations.
- Clear and keep clean outside designated space in relation to the building
- Carry out & complete any Helpdesk requests within the set time frames
- Adhere to all company & client policies, procedures, site rules and regulations.
- Comply with all company & client procedures relating to Health & Safety & safe working
- Attend training sessions as and when required.
- Represent and promote the Company wherever possible.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong customer services skills and experience
- Service orientated attitude combined with innovative thinking
- Strong team player within a high quality customer service operation
- Knowledge and awareness of the Facilities Industry
- Be self motivated and work under pressure to balance conflicting deadlines is essential
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of customers and multi-service team service
personnel to achieve results
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.