Event Operations Manager
Sodexo's Sports and Leisure Segment have a fantastic new opportunity to join our Management Team based at Sussex County Cricket Club.
As the Event Operations Manager, you will be a proactive and engaging individual with excellent people management skills, able to create a positive team environment where your casual workforce want to continue working with you on Match Days and Events.
In this exciting and challenging role, you will be responsible for the delivery of superb events that take place at our clients site, Sussex County Cricket Club. From match days to weddings and large scale music concerts, you will be at the centre of the action ensuring they run smoothly and successfully.
This role will be ideal for an experienced hands on Operations Manager who can motivate and manage a team whilst delivering a first class services for our clients.
Rise with Sodexo
- Ensure that all the company’s accountancy practices and guidelines are adhered to at all times and that business forecasts are carried out on a weekly basis to track performance.
- Assist in forecasting and budget process for both match day hospitality and M&E
- Produce costed labour projections for bespoke events and seasonal cover charges
- Control all match day and none match day staffing operations through collaboration with HR Manager
- Continually seek ways to enhance quality through innovation and cost efficiencies by monitoring performance against existing standards and ensure that standards across the site are in accordance with the SLA’ in place
- Manage the Operations team to ensure that both business objectives are met, and standards are delivered competently and consistently and personal objectives through regular 1-2-1 meetings, EPA’s and business reviews ensuring that targets are monitored and met. Develop a motivated, respectful, trusted and stable team by giving clear direction, sharing information and employee engagement
- Develop long term client relationships in line with the Clients for Life philosophy to enhance the retention of current clients and customers, gain referrals for new business and attract new customers.
- Undertake duty management and operational shifts as required
- Producing a detailed maintenance and cleaning schedule for all bars, ensuring these are strictly adhered to and that the work is carried out to a satisfactory standard.
The Ideal Candidate
- High standard of literacy and numeracy
- Experience in leading a M&E operations team and managing beverage
- Expertly manage day to day challenging client relationships
- Well-developed verbal, non-verbal, presentation and communication skills
- Experience of delivering high quality hospitality operations
- OSH managing safely qualification
- CIEH Level 3 qualification
Up to £32,000 depending on experience
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.