Electrical Authorised Person
To apply and comply with the requirements of the HTM 00 Suite of documents, specifically but not limited to HTM 06 (Electrical) & HTM 05 (Fire). The role is one of responsibility and accountability, planning and delivering on Maintenance Strategies and Capital & Lifecycle Projects design reviews as a site custodian Electrical Subject Matter Expert.
The role reports directly to the Sodexo Senior/Lead Electrical Authorised Person within the Operations & Maintenance department and delivers SME services to the Sodexo Projects Department.
- Large healthcare site environment – Maintenance, Lifecycle and Capital Projects Risks complying with HTM 06 Safe Systems of Works.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 requirements and Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 compliance.
- +2,000 Main, Sub Main and Local Distribution boards, 13 N+1 LV Generators, 4 Site Wide High Voltage Rings with HV Generator N+1 Back up (COMAH), 3 Large Fire Alarm Systems ranging from 40 to 12 years in lifecycle age.
- Large operational team and support units training and development planning.
- Risk Registers upkeep with Mitigation and Control Measures applied and governed.
- Assurance of the Construction Design Management (CDM) delivery of the Capital and Lifecycle Projects environment.
- Measurement of large supply chain and sub-contractors, and assurance of HSE compliance of the Supply Chain.
Direction, Planning, Execution & Analysis:
- Reports to the Lead / Senior Electrical Authorized Person (SAP), delivering compliance with the Healthcare Technical Memorandums 00 Suite of Documents
- Deputize for the Electrical SAP as and when required.
- Contributes to the production and delivery of a compliant and efficient Annual Schedule of Programmed Maintenance Plan (ASoPM).
- Assures the efficient Service Delivery and Compliance of the ASoPM
- Management and compliance delivery and reporting of Internal Competent Persons and Electrical Subcontractors competence and performance.
- Production and Delivery of technical reports to the Electrical SAP in an efficient and timely manner.
- Contributes to the Electrical Risk Register, Risk Mitigations and Risk Controls.
- As and when required, attends as a Sodexo Stakeholder the Electrical Safety Working Group and Electrical Planning Group.
- Planned Safe Systems of Works Switching, Disconnection and Reconnection of the entire electrical infrastructure.
- Organize and execute LV switching, isolation, earth, identification of the point of work and issue of safety documentation duties on LV networks in accordance with Electrical Safety Rules.
- Issuing Electrical safety documentation where necessary, including Standing Instructions, Permits to Work and Sanctions to Work.
- Liaise with the Sodexo and Electricity North West (COMAH Agreement) HV SAP on all HV Matters.
- Assures the electrical infrastructure operates as designed and commissioned, and where not takes steps to assure the vulnerability of the system is controlled.
- Contributes to closing or mitigating actions from Safety Working Groups and Site Planning Groups.
- Scheduled checks and maintenance actions on Electrical Equipment up to 400V
- Managing contract works where necessary and providing reports
- Electrical Testing and Commissioning activities
Capital & Lifecycle Projects:
- Sub-Contractors and Project Managers Estates inductions
- Safe systems of works procedures, inclusive of but not limited to;
- Acceptance and review of project specific tasks.
- Permit to work procedures
- Assessment of sub-contractors capability statements.
- Assessment of sub-contractors employee qualifications and certifications.
- Review of Technical Designs with advice on compliance, standards & codes, and potential risk to the Estates.
- Witnessing of Test, Commissioning and Validation of projects installations.
- Operational handover on successful practical completion, inclusive of Test & Commission acceptances), and migration of assets into the Sodexo CMMS and BIM Spatial Model.
- Work with Sodexo Asset Manager to migrate Asset and Maintenance information into the Sodexo BIM and CAFM systems.
- Assistance in performance measurement of the Trust’s and Capital Projects Managers Sub Contractors
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous role as an Appointed Healthcare Electrical Authorized Person.
- HTM 06 Current Authorized Person certificated.
- Excellent working knowledge of Safe Systems of Work related to Electrical systems and general construction
- Ability to identify problems, understand key issues and investigate alternatives
- Experience with Design and Build projects
- Knowledge of Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, and Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
- Trained and competent at switching a variety of LV switchgear
- ONC/HNC or similar qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Self-motivated and confident
- Good communication skills
- A good decision maker who copes well under pressure
- CSCS Card Holder
- Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) and Building Information Model (BIM) Experience.
Sodexo Agenda for Change position
37.5 hour working week Monday - Friday Inclusive.
27 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
AP's are expected to be part of a Standby On Call Rota paid in addition at £192.98 per week
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process