Domestic Services Manager (Healthcare)
Here at Sodexo we currently have an opportunity for a Domestic Services Manager to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression. You will be an excellent people Manager as you will hold operational management responsibility for the Domestic Services Department. Managing over 90 staff, you will adopt a highly organised approach to your busy and varied workload. In this role you will be responsible for the overall management of Supervisors and Domestic Staff ensuring they are technically competent and fully engaged in their role. You will ensure patients receive care in an environment that is clean, safe, caring and welcoming all of the time whilst also ensuring that the risk of healthcare associated infections is minimised through developing, implementing and monitoring infection control practices.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Management and delivery of the HR related activity/ learning and development for domestic employees within the business services at The County Hospital, Hereford
- Management and delivery of the domestic services, including general administration and office management duties, the provision of HR support, and the co-ordination of learning and development and employee engagement activities.
- Management of the domestic team, including labour management, ensuring employees always adhere to the Sodexo Code of Conduct, and management of disciplinary issues.
- Monitoring of employee competence and application of the EPA/PER process, including identification of opportunities/requirements for development/training.
- Maintain a clean and hygienic patient environment in line with the National Specifications for Cleanliness
- Manage a team of domestic cleaners
- Control the deployment of labour and consumption of materials and consumables
- Deliver a high quality, timely, responsive, cost-effective and pro-active domestic service that meets the needs of our service users
- Be courteous, helpful and efficient, ensuring high standards of customer care and demonstrating commitment to a positive patient experience
- Seek to raise standards and improve service quality
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven consistent supervision/management experience
- The ability to show empathy, care and compassion
- Able to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, colleagues, clients
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and professionally – dealing with stressful and changeable situations
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Organised, respond quickly to problems
- Ability to adhere to instructions, standards and procedures
- Excellent communicator who can build relationships and show respect for other people
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Team player
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Computer literate
- Institute of Environmental Health Officers Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- NEBSS certificate/NVQ Level 2
- BICSc CPSS
- Health & Safety
- Experience working in a healthcare environment
- Previous experience working in a customer facing role
Location: Hereford County Hospital, Hereford HR1
Work Pattern – 40 hrs pw Monday to Friday but with flexibility for occasional weekend rota cover and a requirement to participate in a management on-call roster.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.