Deputy Site Services Manager
- Act as the operational interface between the Site Services Manager and the client.
- Manage the onsite client and Sodexo services and teams to deliver the agreed SLA and standards, acting as Sodexo representative on site when required and building long-term relationships.
- Manage the on-site contract and services to the agreed standards, ensuring that deadlines and targets are achieved
- Ensure that statutory requirements and company policies and procedures are followed, and deadlines are met
- Lead, develop, manage, and motivate a high performing team to the agreed standards ensuring that the client receives services of the highest quality
- Contribute to and maintain sector and account development plans, as well as supporting the change management process and associated Service Levels Agreements (SLAs) ensuring risks are mitigated
- Support the facilities lead in the development of business strategy in line with current and emerging client needs
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement of people, systems, processes, and services
- Support the business development and regional management teams to identifying opportunities with other clients to maximise profit and growth
Rise With Sodexo
Sodexo reserves the right to alter the site location and close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
- Managing multiple projects and priorities concurrently
- Ensuring effective relationships with CITB ensuring both companies work in partnership to support the effective service delivery on site
- Adherence to all health & safety principles and supporting the delivery of goal zero accidents
- To organise and assist in the delivery all Sodexo services on site and ensure those being provided are to the standard laid down in the Service Level Agreement and to the Client's, Customer’s, and Sodexo’s satisfaction
- Support the Site Services Manager in the delivery of new services, innovations, or projects
- Effectively contribute to the growth of services through evaluation, review, and recommendations for additional scope of work and services to the client
- Host existing and prospective client visits and contribute to quarterly review presentations
- Build a full understanding of contract scope and form (e.g., payment mechanisms, procedures, and variation control) and their importance when managing a site and the services provided, including the ability to achieve the meeting of all KPIs
- Ensure the contract operates within the commercial and legal terms and conditions of the contract and deliver to the SLA(s) and standards required
- Develop strong working relationships with on-site client(s) and operate proactively in line with the Clients for Life Philosophy to enhance client retention and customer satisfaction, gain referrals for new business and attract new clients and customers
- Maximise the profitability of the operation by managing costs and increasing the sales through the development of an agreed budget and business plan
- Ensure that Sodexo accountancy, documentation and administration procedures are delivered to the required contractual specifications
- Implement, maintain, and communicate to employees the client, and Sodexo standards and statutory regulations relating to safe systems of work, health and safety, food hygiene and Company Quality Management system to ensure compliance
- Process payroll in a timely manner and within company policy
- Have a broad understanding of all Sodexo risk, reporting and governance processes; ensuring compliance with all Sodexo, client and on–site policies and procedures/systems and statutory regulations and ensure that licences and qualifications are met and retained, and consequences managed appropriately
- Liaise with other departments to ensure the right technology, systems & IT equipment is installed
- Ensure business continuity plans are up to date and can be implemented when needed
- Ensure compliance with Unit Business Health Check and other audit measures
- Ensure the unit has a training and development plan to ensure that employees receive the necessary legislative training, on job training and career development activities to aid succession planning which are planned and recorded
- Recruit, induct, motivate, manage, train, and develop all employees following Sodexo HR policy and guidelines
- Role model the focus on five behaviours to improve engagement, enhance performance and retain Investors in People accreditation
- Plan and prioritise workload and tasks effectively for self and others to minimise reactivity, maintain a work life balance and ensure the right number and calibre of personnel are allocated to logistics tasks
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication skills
- Achieve set, standards and operate to performance criteria, for example health and safety, hygiene
- Manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities
- Proven ability to work in a partnership and collaborative way with other service providers
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative within a team environment
£26,000 - £27,500 Depending on Experience
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.