Conference Centre Receptionist
Providing a Front of House service within reception, you will be playing an instrumental role in delivering excellent customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Act as first point of contact for all queries in an efficient and concise manner
- Meet and greet all visitors and advise host of visitors arrival
- Act as point of contact for internal/external telephones queries
- Effectively build and maintain professional relations with both internal and external contacts
- Up keep of meeting rooms and report any issues to the Reception Manager
- Replenish Front of House refreshments
- General administrative and clerical support
- Meeting Minutes taking
- Providing Health and Safety information for new starters (i.e. New Starters Building Induction)
- Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of organization
- Keep reception tidy and presentable
- Ordering stationery for Front of House
- Meet and greet visitors, sign them in, contact their hosts
- First class customer service
- Good keyboard skills and Excellent communication skills are required
- Issue keys/receive keys – note in log book
- Answer emails relating to requests for Day Needs/Visitor Parking
- Type out Visitor notifications and put them in the Visitor Parking File
- Answer phone and book visitor parking spaces
- Meet and greet new starters: issue paperwork regarding I.D. photos, coach time tables, Whiteley Guidelines concerning parking permits
- Take bookings
- End of day print out the Day Needs List
- Check car registrations
- Note in file other services that visit the site i.e. Staples, Reliance, Litter pickers
- Occasionally take I.D photos
- Diary visitors to site long term
- All paperwork regarding visitor parking, parking zone data, collected.
- Assist staff and visitors on site. (phone taxis etc).
The Ideal Candidate
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Professional and courteous telephone manner
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service both face to face and over the telephone
- Right to work in the UK without restriction
- Ability to liaise with people at a Senior Level
- 5 GCSE’s A-C (including Maths & English) or equivalent
- Knowledge of customers services principles and practices
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedure
- SIA Badge
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.