Are you a NVQ level 2 (or equivalent) qualified Chef? Would like the security of working for one of the world’s largest employers? Do you want the comfort of not having to work split shifts, late nights and every weekend? Are you passionate about excellent customer service? If you answer yes to all of these then you could be exactly who we are looking for.
We currently have an opportunity for a Chef to join our team, working across 8 kitchens within a large catering, retail and leisure facility on Merville Barracks, home to the British Army.
Being an active part of a large team across including Chefs; Kitchen Porters; Stewards, Coffee Shop Retail Assistants and Retail Assistants, you will play a crucial role in achieving Sodexo’s mission statement of being a world leader in quality of life services.
As a qualified Chef, you will be responsible for the preparation, cooking and storing of all foods and ensuring the quality of the product complies with Sodexo’s standards at all times as well as meeting food safety and health and safety regulations. There will also be occasions where you will be expected to support other departments within the company at a variety of functions from barbecues to gala balls.
- To complete work/cleaning schedules ensuring efficiency is maximised.
- Communicate order requirements to the line manager.
- To complete all food preparation tasks as instructed and where necessary, assist with food service.
- To provide a first point of contact to our customers and deal politely, professionally, and efficiently with any queries and complaints, informing the Front of House Team Leader / Supervisor or Head Chef / Executive Head Chef at the first opportunity.
- To ensure all food service areas are cleaned down directly after usage and all preparation for the following service is completed.
- To expedite a quick, trouble free passage through the customer journey, assisting where needed.
- To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position.
- To complete all Company training as instructed.
- To carry out any reasonable request of a member of the management team.
- To ensure the correct use, storage and control of machinery, equipment, cleaning materials and chemicals, following safe systems of work at all times in line with company policy and procedure.
- To immediately report any equipment/building defects to your line manager.
- To support all departments of the unit to ensure a high standards are delivered within correct timeframes.
- Adhere to the uniform and personal hygiene policy as detailed within Company Induction pack.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures at all times.
- To comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act, Food Safety Act and COSHH regulations.
- To adhere to clock in/out procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
- Good communication skills; must be able to demonstrate effective verbal communication.
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment.
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards.
- Proven track record of employment within the catering/hospitality industry.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process