We are looking for an energetic Chef Manager to join our team on our Client’s site in Swindon – could it be you?
You would have previous experience in a similar role (preferably in contract catering environment), great team leadership skills, excellent attention to detail in administrative side of running a kitchen and good numbers head on your shoulders.
The food offering on site is high quality fulfilling food, sustainably and ethically sourced ingredients coming alive in both - new and traditional recipes. Currently we operate Monday to Friday catering for the office and production staff on site, providing lunch service and preparing meals for the evening shift as well as preparing a salad bar.
We offer a salary £28,000 - £30,000, a bonus and development and progression opportunities within the company.
- To organize, prepare and present all food and at the required time, provided to the standard laid down in the Service Level Agreement and to the Client's, Customer's and Sodexo’s satisfaction.
- To ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements and allergen awareness.
- To organise all hospitality catering for meeting rooms and any special functions as required, some of which may occasionally occur outside of normal working hours.
- To establish and maintain good relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- To ensure that the Company's accountancy, documentation and administration procedures are carried out to the specified standard and that the necessary weekly and monthly returns are completed accurately and sent to the appointed office on time. This may be electronically, paper-based, or both, as instructed.
- To control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets.
- To maintain the standards and integrity of the service offer and Service Level Agreement at all times. To carry out a daily service checks, including pre-service briefing, and perform activities detailed in the service offer manual under Key Performance Indicators to the frequency and level required.
- To implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
- To take all necessary steps to ensure maximum security of the kitchen, store, office, safe and monies and any other areas under the Sodexo’s control.
- To recruit, interview, control and discipline staff according to the needs of the unit and within the procedure laid down by the Company. To maintain accurate, up-to-date personnel records for all staff. To keep records of any disciplinary issues and keep the General Services Manager and HR Manager informed of these.
- To ensure all new staff are given a thorough induction into their job, the unit and the Company. To monitor the performance of staff, carry out performance reviews and provide training and coaching as necessary, and record on the appropriate documents.
- To have special regard for the welfare of the establishment staff, and to organise effective weekly staff meetings.
- To ensure the correct compilation of the payroll to the latest regulations. To ensure that all Statutory Regulations and Company Policy concerning the staff are adhered to.
- To have regular contact with the General Services Manager and to produce any reports as necessary pertaining to current or events.
- To attend to and take all necessary action, statutory and otherwise in the event of accident, fire, loss, theft, lost property, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and complete the necessary return and/or reports.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous catering experience
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy, sound financial acumen, competent IT skills
- Good administrative work practices
- Experience of managing a team and a budget
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role
- Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate
- NVQ2 chef qualification or equivalent
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines
- Ability to develop increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process