We are looking for a Chef Manager to join our team in a brand-new role at the Christchurch CofE Secondary Academy in Birmingham. This role will be 35 hours a week contract for 42 weeks a year. We offer a salary of £19,250 per annum and great personal development and progression opportunities within the company.
- To organise and be assisted with the preparation and presentation of all meals service (participating as necessary) at the required time, being provided to the standard laid down in the Service Level Agreement and to the Client's, Customer's and Sodexo’s satisfaction.
- To ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies. Food items to be presented to at least the minimum standards set out in the Style Guide
- To organise any special function as required and to the correct standard, some of which may occur outside of normal working hours.
- To ensure that the Company's Food safety and health and safety documentation and administration procedures are carried out to the laid down standard and that the necessary forms are completed accurately, filed and stored.
- To control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain food costs within pre-budgeted targets.
- To maintain the standards and integrity of the service offer and Service Level Agreement at all times. To carry out a daily service audit and perform activities detailed in the service offer manual under Key Performance Indicators to the frequency and level required.
- To implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of food and personal hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
- Utilisation of the schools closed Facebook “Best in Class” application to post activity and to gain best practice ideas from business colleagues is highly advised.
- To use the school cashless system and complete the day end and month end activities
- To relieve and assist in other establishments in certain circumstances.
- To attend to and take all necessary action, statutory and otherwise in the event of accident, fire, loss, theft, lost property, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and complete the necessary return and/or reports.
The Ideal Candidate
- 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
- Previous catering experience and a Great Passion for Food and Team Engagement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Strong level of literacy and numeracy
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good time management and organizational skills
- IT literate
- Ability to work effectively as part of and in the development of a team with a flexible approach to role and to successfully implement change
- Previous experience of catering management and employee engagement
- Experience of managing and developing a team in an educational establishment
- Gross Margin and Selling Price Calculations
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines
- Good standard of financial acumen
- Ability to develop increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.