We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented and passionate catering professional to join our team at Oasis Academy Don Valley in Sheffiled as a Catering Manager.
You will be as passionate about food as we are and really want to make a difference in children's lives, delivering excellent service will be important to you and you will be able to build strong relationships with the client, staff and pupils.
To be successful in this role, previous experience as a chef would be preferred, you would have a great financial sense, be a team player with a caring attitude, you will be keen to be involved with the detail of catering for our pupils and staff as well as at functions and it is imperative that you are passionate about achieving high service standards on a daily basis.
- Administration duties including: Creating menus, invoicing, health and safety, marketing materials, creating proposals for hospitality, audit documents
- To complete all weekly reporting within the timescales set.
- To ensure Local Authority reporting is completed and communicated weekly
- To read and action on a daily basis all Sodexo communication via e-mail from your Line Manager.
- To read and action on a daily basis all external Sodexo Communications via e-mail.
- To ensure that ALL Company promotions applicable to the service offer are run in accordance with the Company’s marketing calendar.
A full list of responsibilities can be found in the attached job description
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant Management / Catering Experience
- Proven craft ability
- Financial Awareness, use of trading accounts and P&L
- Experience in Stock Control
- Computer Literate
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene, Health & Safety, and HR Issues
- Knowledge / Experience in People Management, including disciplinary and grievance and the Ability to achieve best out of staff through Staff Motivation, Leadership, Training, communication
- Strong Communication Skills
- Reliable, and Organised
- Team Player
- Organisation / Time Management Skills
- Flexibility in hours and approach to role
- Approachable and open to new ideas
- Resourceful / Adaptability
- Passion for Food
- NVQ 3 or 4 or equivalent
- Good level of Literacy and numeracy
Salary - £24,000- £25,000 per annum
Working 38 weeks Term Time + 5 Inset days + 5 additional days for deliveries/ admin
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance, free will writing, life assurance, 24hrs GP access and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave.
We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process