This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your catering management career. We are working in conjunction with Easton CE Academy to recruit a Catering Manager with a real “can do” attitude to manage the dedicated kitchen brigade at the school.
A team player with a caring attitude, you will be keen to be involved with the detail of catering for our pupils and staff as well as at functions and it is imperative that you are passionate about achieving high service standards on a daily basis.
This role is subject to Safer Recruitment checks and the successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS.
To find out more about our Independent Schools business visit: www.independentsbysodexo.com
Rise with Sodexo
- To plan, organise and coordinate all Sodexo activities: to ensure standards of service detailed in the Service Level Agreement and Schedules contained within the Contractual Terms are achieved and maintained.
- To grow services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control in line with client and Sodexo expectations.
- To ensure that all statutory and company regulations and policies relating to hygiene, health, safety and fire are enforced and maintained.
- To ensure that on-site security systems in respect of all functions managed by Sodexo are operationally effective and maintained.
- To ensure statutory, company and development training for all staff which maximises their full potential.
- To liaise with all staff to ensure timely, accurate and meaningful communication.
- To take responsibility for the delegation of recruiting, supporting, and managing staff, formally and informally with appropriate record keeping, according to the needs of the unit and within the procedure laid down by the company.
- To keep records of any disciplinary issues ensuring the Operations Director and Human Resources Manager are informed of these.
- To hold Daily Briefings with staff, along with Weekly Team Huddles with a clear agenda and with minutes taken.
- To undertake client meetings in line with the Service Level Agreement and to ensure the building of relationships at all levels within the client structure and with key stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate
- Direct management experience of catering.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Clear and effective leadership style
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong ability to build professional partnerships and communicate at all levels, particularly at senior client levels
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role
- Relevant qualification in functional specialities (i.e catering, management)
35 hours per week
Term time only
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.