A great opening has become available for a Catering Manager to join a small team of 15 on our client’s manufacturing site in Scunthorpe. To be successful in this role you should be of chef trade background as occasional kitchen cover will be required. The food offering on site is high quality fulfilling food, sustainably and ethically sourced ingredients coming alive in traditional English recipes.
You should be a trained chef with strong leadership skills, outstanding attention to detail and a passion for delivering high quality food offer. To do well in this role, you should have a good financial sense, excellent communication skills and a proven track record in a similar role.
Please note that this role will require flexible approach as it involves managing teams working morning, evening and weekend shifts.
We offer a great team (even if we do say so ourselves), salary up to £27,000 and the usual Sodexo employee benefits.
- Planning, Preparation and presentation of all meals served at the required time, adhering to the service level agreement and to the client, customer and Sodexo satisfaction
- To cook onsite basic English cuisine when required.
- Adhering to special dietary requirements, paying attention to allergens
- Control and monitor financial performance of the unit to pre budgeted targets
- Management and training of line staff. Including carrying out performance reviews and providing coaching as necessary.
- To control and discipline staff with the procedure laid down by the company and keep records of any disciplinary issues keeping the account manager and HR informed.
- To ensure correct compilation of payroll to the latest regulations. To ensure that all statutory regulations and company policy concerning staff are adhered to.
- Purchasing and inventory control through accurate stock takes in accordance with Sodexo standards
- Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene of the unit to required standards
- Ensuring completion of due diligence records in line with Food safety policies
- Completion of weekly and month end trading on Eprophit, and UDC payroll ensuring accurate capture of all income and supply invoices along with staff payroll information.
- Organisation of any hospitality catering as required, some of which may occur outside of normal working hours
- Take all necessary steps to ensure maximum security of the kitchen, store, office, safe and monies and any other areas under Sodexo control
- To relieve and assist in other establishments in certain circumstances
- To support and assist account management with managing all Sodexo services on site, covering holidays and sickness
- To manage and control the vending operations onsite to achieve best results in terms of customer satisfaction, availability and profit maximisation.
The Ideal Candidate
- NVQ Chef qualification or HND/ HNC Hospitality Management equivalent preferred
- Food Safety Level 3 qualified
- Experience of catering management
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines
- Computer literacy
- Good standard of financial acumen
- Ability to develop increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and staff at all levels
- Ability to set and achieve standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to the role
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.