Catering Logistics Manager
Sodexo have an excellent opportunity for a Catering Logistics Manager (known in business as an Inflight Manager) to join our team at RAF Brize Norton.
This role is an exiting opportunity - ground based working with RAF personnel ensure all catering provisions are provided for on board flights. Responsibilities will also include ensuring catering standards are of a high calibre, management of 5 supervisory catering personnel, making sure operational shift rota's are covered and ensuring all provisions comply with the civil aviation standards.
The ideal candidate should have a proven background working in a catering management role ideally in a soft FM environment, excellent leadership and people skills along with fantastic attention to detail.
Our wealth of experience partnering Government Agencies means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector. We bring services that increase employee engagement, wellbeing and productivity to the public sector to help support government to deliver on its promised outcomes while reducing costs. Our goal is to improve service outcomes and increase overall value to the taxpayer.
- Oversee their assigned operational business area and manage compliance with legal, regulatory and company requirements including the defence quality management system (DQMS)
- Ensure daily standards of service in assigned operational area, as detailed in the service level agreement, within the schedules of the contractual terms and conditions and in line with applicable Sodexo service offer standards are achieved, maintained and developed
- Ensure that standards of public safety and security of the building are adhered to
- Lead, direct and motivate the team to deliver all aircraft rations on time and within the correct scale set.
- Ensure the correct procedures of the Civil Aviation/Voyager rationing and de-rationing of aircraft are followed through monthly checks
- Be responsible for driving all aspects of service excellence across their operational business area including brand integrity, quality, compliance, Sodexo’s corporate social responsibility and service standards
- Work in conjunction with other department managers to plan, organise and coordinate service activity within own assigned operational business area and across the site
- Assist in the creation and delivery of key targets within an annual business plan, and be responsible for achieving all appropriate actions
- Initiate a process of continuous improvement by systematically reviewing all processes and practices for effectiveness
- Resolve daily operational issues within their assigned area
- Act as duty manager ‘on call’ and holiday/weekend cover as directed by line manager
- Deputise for their line manager in their absence where necessary
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of working in a management role within the soft FM service industry
- Excellent Leadership skills and knowledge
- Full clean driving licence - this role will require occasional use of an onsite vehicle to ensure goods are transported to aircraft and back.
- Ability to manage in line with strict guidelines and to plan and prioritise accordingly
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- People management skills including general HR skills in recruitment, training and managing colleague performance including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Ability to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
Up to £28,000 plus benefits
Managing shift patterns across 24/7 operation
RAF Brize Norton based
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
All offers are subject to enhanced security clearance checks
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business. We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process