The role of the Catering Assistant is to carry out all duties to the required standard for the provision of the catering services within the Hospital. To communicate with the Catering Co-ordinator and Management any problems and potential improvements in providing the service and to work to achieve departmental objectives
- To ensure the Company’s statutory regulations regarding hygiene, food safety, health and safety and cleanliness in the kitchen and ancillary areas are complied with in all tasks undertaken by staff and by visitors.
- To provide high personal standards of performance, hygiene and appearance
- Operating and cleaning the dishwasher machines, and other large and small equipment, and ensuring the standards of hygiene and cleanliness of all washed items meet the requirements of the departmental policies and procedures.
- To assist in the preparation of patient food in a hygienic manner following all instructions given.
- To engage with the patients to feel welcome and relaxed with their time in our care.
- Communicate with the kitchen to ensure that all food orders are made and are what are required by the patient/visitor.
- Keep the pantry clean and tidy at all times to stay in the condition laid out in service level agreement and to meet all legal and company responsibilities.
- Assist the manger and supervisor to achieve service level agreements, health and safety requirements.
- Complete all audit and quality standards documentation as required.
- Ensure that patient’s dietary requirements are provided for.
- Ad-hoc duties as and when required
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to understand detailed instruction
- Ability to understand and adhere to current legislation at all times
- Good communications skills
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good literacy and numeracy skill