CPU Production Supervisor
Day to day working operations of specific area of the Central Production Unit ensuring production output is met according to Sodexo Policies and Procedures. Liaising with the Operations Manager to ensure efficiency of production is maintained and all faults and non-compliances are reported.
To assist the Operations Manager with the development, coaching and training of CPU operatives to meet needs of the business including succession planning.
To actively participate and support with the development and maintenance of CPU systems, procedures and adherence to food safety and health and safety legislation in the production area.
- To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position, including any required training courses
- To maintain excellent client/customer relationships
- To attend team briefs, huddles and meetings as required
- To attend your performance development review to discuss job standards and agree development activities
- To maintain a clean and tidy work area at all times
- To maintain high levels of personal hygiene and wear the appropriate uniform and PPE as required
- To care for all available resources including equipment, materials and supplies as directed
- To report any near miss occurrences, accidents or faulty equipment to management
- To ensure effective communication with line manager, team, customer and client organisation
- To maintain all areas of responsibility to the set service standards and in line with applicable service offer
- To supervise the team fairly and drive engagement
- To be responsible for the handling and security of all stock, equipment and cash within the department (where applicable)
- To support and encourage colleagues through the employee apprenticeship programme
- To provide catering support services across the site including food preparation, cooking and presentation, storage and disposal of food and monitoring practices to ensure that company and legislative requirements are met
- To provide cleaning services support across the site including using cleaning equipment, materials and supplies as directed when appropriate to clean different areas within the site
- To provide retail services support across the site including customer service, cash handling and merchandising
- To provide support for any additional ad-hoc services provided as required, for example administrative or office support
- Organisation of staff to ensure daily output of High Risk Area is achieved.
- Control of decanting products from kettles and chilling of products within defined timescales.
- Control and strict adherence of blast chilling process
- Control of packaging process and adherence to weight checks
- Control of sealing process and adherence to metal detection checks
- Control of cleaning schedule and processes within production areas to ensure microbiology and APT criteria are met
- Assist as required to deputise or support Production Manager with project and duties benefiting the CPU or Contract.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience and knowledge of HACCP procedures and principles.
- Experience of food manufacturing
- Food safety Level 2
- HACCP Level 2
- Good knowledge and application of MS Office and other IT applications
- Food Safety Level 3
- HACCP level 3
- Experience in managing a team
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process