Business Catering Manager
We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented and passionate catering manager to join a well-established team, at a high profile client site in East Belfast. You will be as passionate about food as we are, we want to make a difference to the daily lives of our clients staff, delivering excellent customer service will be important and you must be able to built strong relationships with the client, staff and colleagues.
To be successful in this role, previous experience of managing a large catering outlet would be preferred, you will have great financial awareness, be a team player with a can do attitude, you will be keen to be involved with the detail of catering for the needs of staff and clients as well as at hospitality events and it is imperative that you are passionate about achieving high service standards on a daily basis.
Security clearance is required for this role.
- As the Catering Manager, you will ensure standards of service detailed in the service level agreement, KPI’s and within the schedules of the contractual terms.
- Ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly regarding customers’ special dietary requirements
- To actively seek and identify opportunities for business growth within the contract and external market
- Ensure all food is prepared fresh and to a high standard as per service level agreement, Company policy and current legislation.
A full list of responsibilities can be found in the attached job description
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of operational management in catering and hospitality
- Effective and experienced People manager & confidence to lead, develop and engage teams
- Ability to interpret and utilise financial and commercial information
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of MS Office (word excel, PowerPoint and outlook)
- Manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities
- Familiar with all current H&S requirements for role
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Knowledge & experience of CIEH / COSSH / HACCP
- Strong adherence to Food Hygiene, Health & Safety and compliance.
Salary £26,000 - £30,000 per annum
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance, free will writing, life assurance, 24hrs GP access and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave.
We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process