Catering Assistant Manager
Due to exciting internal career moves, we are looking for a Catering Assistant Manager to join our big and friendly team at the Clifton College site in Bristol looking after catering services in a 7-day-a-week boarding setting across 5 locations. You would have excellent leadership skills, experience managing teams, high standards on service delivery and a flair for improvement and innovation. Background in education and/or catering environment would be advantageous but not essential.
We offer a great working environment, a salary up to £25,000 and excellent development and progression opportunities within Sodexo.
- To support other assistant managers with recruitment and HR procedures including holidays, disciplinary procedures and rotas.
- To delegate jobs to staff and ensure they are properly completed.
- To support with the organisation and training of staff as required, including new staff starters.
- To plan works and schedules to ensure sufficient staffing to complete works whilst staying within budgetary guidelines.
- To look for ways to make any area in the department more efficient.
- To create cleaning schedules and frequencies to ensure all equipment is maintained and in good condition.
- To constantly look for new ideas to improve the services offered by the catering department
- To ensure COSHH procedures are followed and maintained.
- To be flexible with working hours depending on business needs.
- To make sure you are aware of, and meet the legal and college requirements for Fire, food safety, Health and Hygiene
- To report any Health and Safety issues to your line manager including any accidents and near misses
- To comply with company procedures relating to cash handling and security reporting any issues
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of managing staff
- Computer literate
- Good verbal and written communication, effective communication skills on all levels
- Development of staffing rotas for large teams
- Good at problem solving
- Able to deal with difficult situations and work well under pressure
- Good working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. This role will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
£25,000 per annum
5 days out of 7 a week.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process