Assistant Food Services Manager
We currently have an opportunity for a Assistant Food Services Manager to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To ensure the correct standard is set and adhered to in all areas of service delivery- to include room set-up, F&B delivery and customer liaison to company and client satisfaction
- Take an active role in managing the team’s capabilities and ensuring the company Capability Policy is adhered to using all tools and techniques. Carrying out investigations where necessary in relation to HR incidents
- To be customer focused at all times, by being visible during service periods, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer requests.
- To ensure that you deliver what you promise to the customer, client and team.
- To ensure that all agreed service objectives are met in line with client expectations.
- Liaise with the Food Services Manager and Exec Head Chef on a daily basis to ensure the smooth running of the catering operation.
- Communicate effectively with your Manager, team and with clients/customers when required.
- Where applicable, co-ordinate and schedule labour resources around the operation in conjunction with the Food Services Manager to include evening events and being mindful of budgetary constraints and the changing levels of business.
- To be in charge of the Food Services team in the absence of the Food Services Manager
- To be responsible for ensuring the Food Services team are trained to perform their duties. Making sure all new starters are inducted in a timely manner and have completed all the Mandatory training required for the role within the first month of employment.
- Monitor standards, addressing concerns with the Food services team as required and recording training as required by the Company, addressing concerns to your line manager.
- To ensure cleaning schedules are adhered to at all times and documented
- To ensure the teams PDR’s are up to date and regular One to Ones are scheduled to manage and updates objectives and development
- To ensure all duties are completed within set time scales
- To promote a friendly, helpful and professional service.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- The ability to plan and prioritise
- Flexible times
- Exceptional Customer service skills
- Strong attention to details
- Adhere to all Health & Safety practices
- Good Computer skills
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.