Assistant Finance Manager
We have an amazing opportunity to join the Sodexo Live! team based at the Bateaux London.
The Bateaux London is a superb venue located on the historic Victoria Embankment, we have two vessels where we can take our customers on cruises along the river Thames whilst they enjoy beautiful food and drink all whilst taking in the views of the London skyline. Find out more here!
This role will be based predominantly on site at the venue with some home working and will involve transactional reporting, resolving supplier invoices and daily revenue reconciliations.
You can be working towards your finance qualifications or be qualified by experience, have an interest and want to get involved with monthly reporting and forecasting and also ideally will have a good understanding of working in hospitality.
If you are passionate about finance, enjoy people interaction and wants to work in a busy and varied role based at a beautiful and inspiring setting - we can't wait to meet you!
- To prepare, produce and report on the contract’s monthly financial trading results and maintain all financial control procedures relevant to their area including revenue and cost controls.
- Lead the financial trading and processing for 3 vessels, to be robust, timely, accurate and clear
- Review monthly results with Snr Finance Manager and operational heads of department ensuring key revenue and cost drivers are high-lighted; challenge any overspends and provide this information accurately and on a timely basis.
- Manage the contract cash operations on a daily basis and work to support developments and improvements in the control areas of stock and labour
- Manage & complete (when required) site based payroll weekly processing
- Develop productive working relationships with key members of the operational, sales, craft & marine team
- Look to actively develop yourself, network and support the wider UK business on major events and/or ad-hoc project work
The Ideal Candidate
Experience and Qualifications
- Studying for a professional accountancy qualification or qualified by experience
- Good Excel and variance analysis skills
- Desirable to have good working knowledge of SAP, Eprophit, Priava or other large similar systems.
- Desirable to have experience of producing management accounts, budgets and forecasts
- Desirable to have knowledge of a retail and cash environment
- Desirable to have knowledge of contract catering.
- Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at senior and junior levels
- Relationship Management - Is effective at building and maintaining win- win business partner relationships internally and with clients.
- Resilience - sustains momentum when faced with challenges. Balances competing demands and responds well to changed priorities.
- Impact and Influence - Communicates effectively and inspires people at all levels
- Planning and Organisation - Consistently completes deliverables within deadline, within budget, and beyond expected quality, even under time pressured conditions.
Up to £35,000 plus excellent benefits
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process