Assistant Catering Manager
Due to an internal promotion a great opportunity has become available for an Assistant Catering Manager to join our team in Derry. Previous experience managing catering operations and/or big teams is a must. As the site operates 24/7, you will be required to work 5 out of 7 days a week.
We offer a salary up to £28,000, Sodexo employee benefits and excellent professional development opportunities.
- Efficient management of the daily catering and hospitality services for up to 1000 customers, ensuring quality fresh food and high standards of service delivery.
- Control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets.
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organization.
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
- Manage, train and develop a highly skilled team of staff.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of operational management in catering and hospitality
- Effective and experienced People manager & confidence to lead, develop and engage teams
- Ability to interpret and utilise financial and commercial information
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities
- Familiar with all current H&S requirements for role
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Knowledge & experience of CIEH / COSSH / HACCP
- Strong adherence to Food Hygiene, Health & Safety and compliance.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process