Account Manager - Catering Operations
We are looking for an ambitious and growth-minded commercial catering professional to fill an Account Managers position with Alliance in Partnership part of Sodexo, looking after circa 80 state primary and secondary schools in the South West and total staff headcount of around 400.
You should be a highly experienced in multi-site catering management, have experience in managing large teams, have excellent leadership, stakeholder and change management skills and very importantly – care about children, their development and education. You would lead an insight-driven food offer to open children’s minds and palates to new, healthy and nutritious food offers.
We offer a salary up to £50,000, a bonus, flexible benefits package and great development and progression opportunities within the company.
- Manage clients and consultants’ expectations around the future development of the accounts
- Build strong understanding of service offers within Sodexo and Alliance in Partnership and engaging with internal stakeholders to identify solutions and focus on growth in the region
- Seek new ways to drive revenue and grow accounts, selling new service lines and play key lead role in contract retenders when applicable
- Ensure contracts are performing within the agreed SLAs at all times to meet the Company commitments
- Take overall responsibility for ensuring that the contract operated within their contractual terms
- Develop strong long-term client relationships with multiple clients and agents in line with Clients for Life (CFL) philosophy to enhance the retention of current clients and customers, gain referrals for new business and attract new clients and customers.
- Develop and retain existing client relationships through monthly meetings and quarterly reviews, using the full CFL process
- Monitor KPI reporting, reviewing contents of client meetings and reviewing/monitoring general service manager performance in client retention
- Recruit, induct, motivate, manage, train and develop all employees following the relevant HR policy and guidelines
- Coach and manage employees using performance review processes, talent development and succession planning.
- Oversee labour management and ensure that this is being managed effectively
- Ensure business objectives are met and standards of excellence are delivered through competently developed employees
The Ideal Candidate
- Track record of success in a similar role in a multi-site catering business.
- Ambitious individual who is passionate about the Schools business and providing excellence in catering service
- Proven experienced of developing profitable relationships for multi-site contracts
- Experienced in leading company initiatives and change management processes
- Experience in identifying and selling new business
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent client relationship management
- Experience of a retail driven business
- Experience of working in a standards/compliance environment
- Ability & desire to support sales presentations
- Social media/Digital experience
- Experience of managing consultant relationships
- Broad commercial experience and business acumen and knowledge of external industry developments
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. This role will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.