AAT Finance Assistant at Headingley Stadium
Advanced builds on the knowledge gained in the Foundation level. If you work in accounts or have studied accountancy before, you may be able to start at this level. You’ll learn complex accounting techniques, and master a number of accounting disciplines including financial processes, advanced bookkeeping, final accounts and ethical practices for accountants.
Advanced Diploma - AAT Level 3
This level will encourage you to master more complex accounting principles in both Bookkeeping and Management Accounting. You’ll develop the technical skills to start, or progress, your career in accountancy and this will allow you to continue with your studies onto Level 4.
To pass this level you’ll need to study five units (also known as subjects), which are all mandatory. Four of the units are examined individually and there is also a synoptic assessment that you’ll take towards the end of the level, which incorporates the final two units as well as drawing on all of the other units you’ve studied at this level.
The area you will cover include:
Final Accounts Preparation
Management Accounting: Costing
Advanced Synoptic Assessment
The Apprenticeship standard details the essential Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours that somebody would need to demonstrate to be a successful Assistant Accountant, this includes, Business Awareness, Ethics, Communication, Embracing Change and Problem Solving. Apprentices will need to show they are competent in all the areas detailed in the standard when they take End Point Assessment.
The Knowledge areas of the standard will typically be covered through completion of the AAT qualification. Skills and Behaviours are developed through workshops, e-learning, workplace training and practical experience provided ‘on-the-job’.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Kaplan Financial on 0151 202 0542 (Ref ID: 166762)
- To ensure that all transactional reporting incorporating supplier invoices, daily revenue reconciliation and payroll is processed in line with local and regional deadlines.
- To assist the site Commercial Manager in the delivery and production of accurate weekly and monthly KPIs and management accounting information.
- Ensuring compliance and effective controls are applied and maintained at all time
- Deadlines are met in line with group policy, and to provide effective finance and administrative support and become an integral part of both the local finance and site operational teams Assist in supporting the site operational team making sure till systems and card machines are checked and ready for services
- Assist with the payroll functions for casual staff that work on site.
- Work with the Commercial Manager & operational teams to provide information to assist compilation of forecasts and budgets.
- Record, process and reconcile revenues, daily deposits, petty cash entries ect. At Headingley Experience on a daily basis, via the SOIR’s across all profit centres
- Process the daily trading’s above, together with all supplier invoices and EDI invoices, stock information ect. Into EprophIT on a daily basis ensuring weekly deadlines are met in line with regional and national targets.
- Update and maintain the site Commitment Register and Labour Forecast ensuring it is reconciled on a weekly basis and that at month end; all accruals are accurately recorded for entry into the P&L.
- Ensure the consistent application and communication of Sodexo financial policy, process, practice & initiatives with particular regard to internal audit compliance.
- Adhere to all company Health & Safety policies at all times.
The Ideal Candidate
- Candidate will be required to work with the finance team, but will also need to show good communication and teamwork when working with other departments.
- Analytical skills, the ability to recognise problems, distil and define pertinent issues and determine and propose effective solutions.
- Professional Attitude
- Adaptability and flexibility in a fast changing environment.
Are you looking to build a long-term career in Accountancy? Then look no further! Start your career today with a Level 3 apprenticeship with Sodexo and Kaplan. You will be gaining valuable workplace experience whilst working towards the AAT Level 3 qualification.
About the Company
Sodexo Sports and Leisure is offering exciting opportunities to work at top venues delivering the highest standard of events across the country. As a company we provide catering on behalf of our clients at prestigious sites and events including Ascot Racecourse, The RHS Chelsea Flower Show, Brighton AMEX Stadium, Edinburgh Corn Exchange, Goodison Park and many more.
To help us deliver the highest quality service we are looking for passionate, enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our team. We have a range of positions available to set you off on the right track within Sodexo, so step up to the mark, be more than a spectator and become a part of our team.