Hospitality Waiter / Waitress
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a temporary Hospitality Waiter / Waitress to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Hospitality Waiter / Waitress you will be responsible for:
- Serving food and beverages in a professional manner with high levels of customer service
- Setting and cleaning tables and service areas
- Dealing with customer complaints
- Checking with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems
- Escorting customers to their tables
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods
- Informing customers of daily specials.
- Presenting menus to customers and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request
- Removing dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning
- Serving food and/or beverages to patrons; prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required
- Stocking service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Previousexperience in catering hospitality, fine dining or banqueting environment
- Understanding of food hygiene and customer service
- The ability to accurately process information/merchandise through the Till system with a good standard of numeracy
- Excellent customer service skills
- First class communication skills and demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to demonstrate great team work
Uniform and lunch meal provided on shift
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau (UK) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,300 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.